3.4 CAI question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 CAI question

Does anyone here know anything about these intakes on ebay. TrackRacing intake or Chrome INtakes. Are they any better than stock or r they just a waste of money? I know K&N makes the FIPK for $200 but if these intakes are comparable to the K&N i will get 1 of them. Thanks for ur input

Re: 3.4 CAI question

I bought one because my factory air box wasn't in the car when I bought it..

The thing was a pain to put in, it rubs everything. And honestly I wouldn't waste the money, they are built cheaply, and are a serious pain. They just don't fit right, and they run really hot. If you don't want to stomp the money into an cai now, make one or just add a K&N filter to your stock.

Save the money the good one is worth it.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

ok thanks for the advice

Comment

**** that. go to home depot get some dryer vent tubing, a cone K&N filter and make one for a quarter of the price.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
          **** that. go to home depot get some dryer vent tubing, a cone K&N filter and make one for a quarter of the price.
          :banana: haha i did that on my old car lol ghetto moding WOO! haha
          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

we used one of the cheapo civic intakes and it worked great, actually seemed to get better mpg and maybe more power than the K&N FIPK we have now....but she likes the look of the K&N
            91 Mustang LX 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-daily driver, 210hp/300ft-lbs (outdated)<br />94 Ranger Splash 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-serious build up, shooting for 400+hp<br />95 Camaro 3.4 auto -hers<br />-she\'s workin on it

Comment

Well if the home made ones work almost the same, it is pointless to toast $150+ on a CAI just so it "looks prettier" Im sure its a safe bet, but the home made ones , if made right, can achieve the same goal, overall better intake...correct? Im thinking of making my own using the 90* elbow reducer from intakehouses.com, to see if it works

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X