Intake manifold maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake manifold maintenance

I was getting my oil changed today when a guy showed me how dirty my intake was behind the butterfly and in what I think is my upper intake manifold (The part of the intake that has the 3.4 on it). Anyway I was wondering if I were to take it off to clean it would I still need to replace the gasket, is the intake manifold difficult to remove, and is it worth taking out to give it a good thorough cleaning with throttle body cleaner and a rag? All information will be helpful. I am hoping to do this tomorrow.

Re: Intake manifold maintenance

Try seafoam. If you have any questions about it though, just search here in this section for it...otherwise, this topic will be locked because it has been asked-to-death!
    sigpic

Comment

I did search it and all of the topics I read never really gave me a clear answer that I understood. They talked about upper and lower intake manifolds which is confusing to me because I know a little bit about engines, but I don't know all the parts. Anyway unless I am told otherwise I guess I will just go ahead and buy a gasket and replace it.

Comment

It's always better to remove any part and manually clean it then it is to spray a chemical on it and hope it does the job.
        If you are pulling the manifold, you Always replace the old gaskets with new ones...always!
        The manifolds aren't really hard to remove. It's all of the crap you have to remove to get to them thats a b_0tch.
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X