turbo exhaust note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo exhaust note

saw this thread in the lounge: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=70757 and i said to myself "self, i wanna make my car sound like that". i know i gotta do the cam and run open header and all that but in a year or so i'm gonna be gearing up for some FI. now if i know if i just go super, i could get that sound, but could i get it with a turbo too or will the impeller just kill all the definition in the sound (you can basically hear every exhaust valve open in the video... which is REALLY COOL!) thanks!
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: turbo exhaust note

any kinda of muffler, or a turbo ( which acts as a muffler btw ) will make the " defination" less noticable. what you hear is the enitre valve train, all you need to do to get that is a heads and cam package and upgrade your springs and retaner's and everything else. any free-flowing exhuast will sound close to that, yes open headers will make it more noticable but any good flowing exhuast will too somewhat. a supercharger will probally cover up most of it, becuase they whine quite noticable at idle. a turbo probally muffler it a decent amount, but running a open down pipe will make it still noticable.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

so running straight pipes off the turbo would pretty much get me the same sound then?
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

linxs posted up a sound clip of his heads/cam and turbo'd car a little while, try searching for it. his sounded amazing too.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X