ram air for 96 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram air for 96 3.8

i was told that u can take the ram air kit off a trans am and put it on the v6 cars as long it was the same year model is this true? and also if i could do that could i get it w/out the ram air hood? cuz i got the stock hood and im wondering if it would fit under it or am i forced to wait till i got the hood?

Re: ram air for 96 3.8

You'll need the hood to make it functional.

Comment

Basically, with a stock hood, our only option is This.
      sigpic

Comment

Puttting ram air on a 96 is NOT a "bolt-on". You'll need the ram air box with filter, ram air hood, and a custom built method to connect the air box to the TB. This is NOT a cheap mod.

http://www.suncoastcreations.com/Pro...tail.cfm?id=23
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i know u "need" all that and i plan on gettin it all all i wanted to know is if the box and filter would fit under the stock hood i have for now till i get the ram air hood.

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
            i know u "need" all that and i plan on gettin it all all i wanted to know is if the box and filter would fit under the stock hood i have for now till i get the ram air hood.
            Probably not, because the ramair hood has an area under it where the filter fits. The stock hoods don't have that cutout.
            Do you have any pics of what you're buying?
            sigpic

Comment

no pics...im just lookin into gettin ram air and someone told me u can pull 1 off a t/a and hook it right to my v6 maf sensor and have ram air...i plan on gettin the hood but ide like to have the ram air itself b4 i get the hood and wanted to know if it would fit under the stock hood...its weird that the grand am gt doesnt have a hood but it has ram air :/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X