2.5 inch s-pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 inch s-pipe?

Has anyone had an exhaust shop fab up a 2.5 inch s-pipe to match their 2.5 inch flowmaster or other V6 cat-back? Would it be worth it to do this? Has anyone noticed a difference in sound/performance?

Re: 2.5 inch s-pipe?

this topic is beat to death. use the search. imo go 3in s pipe and have a reducer made so it fits your i-pipe
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

i had one done at muf shop it came out ok but then took it off cuse my magnaflow cat back came with one heres a pic of what it looks like
      2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El
        i had one done at muf shop it came out ok but then took it off cuse my magnaflow cat back came with one heres a pic of what it looks like
        Looks like that is smaller diameter in the middle...Not mandrel bent?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
          this topic is beat to death. use the search. imo go 3in s pipe and have a reducer made so it fits your i-pipe
          I realise this has probably been covered as to what to do. I'm mostly wanting to know for those that have done a 2.5 s-pipe, did they notice a difference from the stock 2.25 inch s-pipe?...sound, performance, or no difference at all. My plan is to do 2.5 inch cat, s-pipe, and exhaust, but I am looking for feedback from people who have similar systems on their car already.

Comment

you can buy a 2.5" "U" bend from jegs or summit ect. cut it in half, flip one side over, weld or clamp back together. any muffler shop can make an S pipe is a matter of minutes real cheap, thats your best bet.

are you sure the 2.5" flowmaster doesnt come with an S pipe? that surprising.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
              you can buy a 2.5" "U" bend from jegs or summit ect. cut it in half, flip one side over, weld or clamp back together. any muffler shop can make an S pipe is a matter of minutes real cheap, thats your best bet.

are you sure the 2.5" flowmaster doesnt come with an S pipe? that surprising.
              Could someone chime in that has the Flowmaster? Does it come with an S-Pipe?

Comment

no s-pipe w/ flowmaster. imo u really might as well get a 3in cat and 3 in s-pipe. it will be a better flow i gotta imagine.
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I have had a lot of people tell me that for our cars that 3" from cat to muffler is too big. There is a guy that owns a erformance shop by my house and he always has vipers and f bodies in his parking lot and he said he even deters ls1's from going 3 inch he says that the viper can but an ls1 should use 2.5 due to backpressure. He told my uncle this before he pu a flowmaster on his 71 chevelle that has a blown 454 so w put a 2.5 in flowmaster on it and got the most horsepower that we have ever seen out of that car (used to have 3"). I am making my own magnaflow catback and I am using 2.25 from cat t muffler and 2.5 duals out of the mfler into 3" tips. Ill post a sound clip when I get it insalled.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian99
                    I have had a lot of people tell me that for our cars that 3" from cat to muffler is too big. There is a guy that owns a erformance shop by my house and he always has vipers and f bodies in his parking lot and he said he even deters ls1's from going 3 inch he says that the viper can but an ls1 should use 2.5 due to backpressure. He told my uncle this before he pu a flowmaster on his 71 chevelle that has a blown 454 so w put a 2.5 in flowmaster on it and got the most horsepower that we have ever seen out of that car (used to have 3"). I am making my own magnaflow catback and I am using 2.25 from cat t muffler and 2.5 duals out of the mfler into 3" tips. Ill post a sound clip when I get it insalled.
                    That's why I want to do 2.5 all the way from cat to tail pipe. I don't plan on doing forced induction...Just all motor with a small shot of nos for the strip. Please do post a sound clip when your exhaust is finished. I'd love to hear it.

Comment

actually got all my stuff welded up in my garage at 5 am ahha. the flowmaster does NOT come with an S pipe. and the catco cat is shorter than stock. I used my wire welders to make the welds from the manifolds to the i-pipe then bolted the rest on. the U pipe I had I really had to cut down. I bought a 2.5 to 3 inch adapter for 1.50 at oreillys and just butted it up and went 3 inch cat to 3 inch s pipe then reducer to 2.5 inch. I need to get something to hold the pipe though its kind of rattling on the body sometimes. but I have a leak in one of the manifolds but im toasted so im gonna tackle it tomorrow. seey a

Comment

Originally posted by Brian99

that guy must be on crack then, ls1's come stock with 2.75" piping, going to 2.5" would be one of the stupidest thing you could possibly do. ls1's do 3" true duals and gain power.

3" is the only way i'd go on our cars, stock is 2.25. so .25" to me is NOT an upgrade. this fight will go on forever,sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
                        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                          that guy must be on crack then, ls1's come stock with 2.75" piping, going to 2.5" would be one of the stupidest thing you could possibly do. ls1's do 3" true duals and gain power.

3" is the only way i'd go on our cars, stock is 2.25. so .25" to me is NOT an upgrade. this fight will go on forever,sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
                          What I don't understand then is why did flowmaster and this guy both tell my uncle to put 2.5 on his chevell which is making almost 3 times the power of our cars? I am no engine tech but I am a gear head who reads a lot and from what I have heard from these 2 sources I would think that 2.5 would be the best size for our cars. I am really curious now! I need to hear more.

Comment

3in would be fine but going over 2.5 in our cars your not going to feel the difference as much i have 2.5 flowmaster on mine with no cat and when i first got it i felt the difference but if you wanted to make it rumble or a little deeper just put bigger tips on the end but i wouldn't advise you to do a true 3in cause i think you like 2.5's better in the feel of performance wise but thats just my .02

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X