whisper lid install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whisper lid install

So i just installed my carbon fiber whisper lid today and am very pleased with both sound and throttle response but i have a couple questions for the guru's. When i did the install, and the tabs on the back of the lid were slid into the notches on the lid bay i noticed that one notch is vacant and there is not tab to go into the notch. Do you think i was sent the wrong lid? The lid fits down and clamps secure but the clamps are really tight, which is digging into the carbon fiber. Is this normal on the 2000 model? Also, why did chevy put that big baffle thing on the back of the airbox and what purpose did it serve before I installed the whisper lid?

Re: whisper lid install

baffle is to make the intake quite, as you know now, with a hi-flow lid you can hear it sucking in the air. not sure about your other question sorry.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Yea, it definately sounds better. It's almost a grawling sound.

Comment

there supposed to be tight, dont worry about it.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

ighty

Comment

I think one of the notches are supposed to be empty if I remember correctly. The lid has a tab or two less(I think it's one).
            Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

sometimes if you pull the lid out, and slide it back in, it will fit better. just play with it.

are you talking about the air silencer?
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X