MAF screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF screen?

I will be getting my whisper lid and high flow filter in the mail Wednesday. Is it safe to take out my MAF screen when I install the lid, or will this cause dirt and debris to clog my intake?

Re: MAF screen?

what yr?
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Just make sure you keep your new filter clean, when I did my intake the maf screen was full of crap, stupid stock air filter.

Oh and only remove it if you have a 99-02. :)

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
      Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
      http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

.....suppose a friend of a friend of a friend were to have removed his MAF screen from a 98. what would be not goo dabout doing that, I....i mean he, isnt having any problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
          .....suppose a friend of a friend of a friend were to have removed his MAF screen from a 98. what would be not goo dabout doing that, I....i mean he, isnt having any problems with it.
          ;) alot of people have problems when they remove them on 98's. but if your friends friend friend isnt having any problems then i wouldnt worry about it.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

cool, the only problem "he's" having is that when the car is turned on for being ambient and in park it will (rev then almost die, then rev higher then almost die, and keep on going) once put in park, it smoothes out just fine and you are good to go, my fuel trims are looking good, tho I havent checked my MAF reading lately.

Also if you shift back into park once the car has warmed up (2-3 min) tops you can then again put it in park, and it will nto do this.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              cool, the only problem "he's" having is that when the car is turned on for being ambient and in park it will (rev then almost die, then rev higher then almost die, and keep on going) once put in park, it smoothes out just fine and you are good to go, my fuel trims are looking good, tho I havent checked my MAF reading lately.

Also if you shift back into park once the car has warmed up (2-3 min) tops you can then again put it in park, and it will nto do this.
              from what i remember from past posts, people had bad idle problems and the car just didnt run good in general. id check the maf readings and see just bto be sure, but if its running fine besides what you already said then id just leave it out.
              1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

so i use the search feature and was hoping to find out how to remove this thing but i didint see anything and i ready dont want to just beat the thing out any help ??

Comment

Originally posted by gotchocmilk39
                  so i use the search feature and was hoping to find out how to remove this thing but i didint see anything and i ready dont want to just beat the thing out any help ??
                  you can use a screwdriver, you dont even have to be careful if you dont plan on putting it back in.

Comment

basically I just had my TB off already from pulling my heads, but it doesnt need to be off the car, then I grabbed a screw driver to pop out the little O ring keeping it in place, then I basically "destroyed" the screen witht he screwdriver, being very careful I just kind of pulled it away from the TB.

Comment

well i think the right way is to use snap ring plyers. There are two little holes in the clip that you pinch together or something. i dont know, i have a 98 so i never looked into it that much.

Comment

thanks for the help just took it out

Comment

Let us know how it runs.
                          Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

didnt feel much i mean i wasnt looking for something big or anything like that but it seems to like it out, there was alittle better throttle respones. Nothing big like i said but im happy with it cant really go back stabbed it with a knife.

Comment

It's a 2000

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X