Engine runs better in night??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine runs better in night??!

Ok ive heard tht cars run better on nights (cold ones) and idk ifit just "seems" faster, or it actually is. I dont have a CAI yet, and im thinking tht could be way, running on colder air. ANyone else notice this, or have anything to say

Re: Engine runs better in night??!

yes. at night the air is cooler and its not as humid outside. heat and humidity kill power a bit.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Yup at night, my car just loves to get up and in a very noticable way!
      1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

I would agree with that, I notice I have the most power/torqueyness when the engine is still cold. The exhaust sounds the best then too :P

Comment

i ran my car BONE STOCK the last day atco was open, last november or something. ran a 15.281 @ 88.5
          i ran my car this summer, in 100* weather, REALLY humid. i had since done the free ram air mod, whisper lid, k&n filter, rumbler catback, and i ran 15.279 @ 88.5

hmmm.

yeah, humidity makes a huge difference.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

If only you can feel the power the 3800 can make at -40*F!!! Engine temp only gets around 180 (who needs a 180 thermo) and with that cold dry air she pulls hard all the way to the redline!

Next time it's that cold I'll go and measure out a 1/4 mile and do some runs and get some times. Could be fun keeping the tires heated for traction.
            Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X