Rumbler Exhaust q&a's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumbler Exhaust q&a's

Info, 99 Pontiac Bird. Factory Y87 & W68. 58k on the clock.

Im gonna be getting a Rumbler here very soon.. and I was just thinking hey I will get this and get it put up and then have it welded and all will be good.

well, I found out, Rumbler is 2.75-3" where the "I" pipe connects to the "S" Pipe, the S pipe is only 2.25. Which is a very big differance!

Basically, I think I could swing getting a New S pipe but if I did then it wouldnt work with my factory Cat-converter right? I cant get a new Cat, "S" pipe and a Rumbler and then get it all put on I just dont have that cash laying around.

So in the end im gonna have Pacesetters with a Y going into a High Flow Cat, that goes into a S pipe (3" one) and then into my Rumbler.

Should I go ahead get the Rumbler and get it installed then get the rest of my pieces and have it all put on then or do I just get piece by piece and put it all on at one time?

If I waited and put the Rumbler and the Cat and "S" pipe on would it hurt anything later when I go to put on the Headers?

I need INFO HELP PICS W/E you can give me. thanks in advance.

Justin..

Re: Rumbler Exhaust q&a's

that is exactly the same setup i have. Pacesetters, Y-pipe, catco highflow cat, rumbler.

i did the rumbler first, meineke charged 100 to install it. it didnt help my 1/4 times because i wasnt making enough power, so there wasnt enough backpressure.

i then bought the catco cat, and meineke told me $80 to install it, because they have to drop the whole exhaust, which is true. if i had put it on when i did the rumbler, it would have been an extra 20 or 30.
    DO THE CAT WHEN YOU DO THE CATBACK. it saves you lots of money.

i paid 275 for a shop to install the headers and y-pipe. they charged me 75 to do the cat... and then they charged me an hour of labor to put in new plug wires which i could have easily done myself.

i think what you should do is get the rumbler and a highflow cat, catco always works, and it shouldnt be more than 150 to install if you dont do it yourself.

then do the headers and y-pipe whenever you have the $.
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Nice, so did you change your S pipe too or no?

Comment

i didnt buy one. i dont know if meineke did a custom fab, or just used the stock one. i guess i can check sometime.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I would a 2.5 S would probably mess with the flow of your system..

Comment

jesus justin your STILL confused?! ive answered alot of questions already lol, and ill still get pic's of whatever you want. id just wait and get a cat like steve said, any exhuast shop can then make a 3" S pipe in a matter of minutes. i dropped some of my exhuast off at my ucle's house who welds for a living and he's going to finally make my exhuast work, i hope. ill get clips ASAP for you.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Re: Rumbler Exhaust q&amp;a's

no, I understand everything entierly!

I know whats what, and what goes where. I just wanna know if I should go ahead and slap it on! because I know a shop can fix it to my stock S pipe no problem. but right now I cant afford a S and Cat.

Comment

Re: Rumbler Exhaust q&amp;a's

i say go for it, i had my started and rev'ed 3 times now and love it. i just want to get it done so i can drive it and see how it is.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X