ordered my exhuast * full review*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ordered my exhuast * full review*

i ordered my exhuast on this past wedsday, the 9th. parts started coming today so i thought i'd make a thread.

i ordered : part-------vendor

TSP's rumbler ( TSP )
    3" catco cat ( summit )
    SLP install kit ( SLP )
    Sweet Thunder muffler ( sweet thunder )

so far i recived, slp install kit- well packaged, fast shipping, good communication. weld looks good, smooth on the inside.

sweet thunder- fast shipping, good communication, well packaged ( almost as good as slp ) good looking product.

i have yet to get, TSP's rumbler and the cat. when they come i'll update.once everything is on i'll add even more pictures ( lots of the rumbler becuase the picture on thier site sucks ) along with atleast one video.

UPDATE: got cat now. summit chose to pack it in random crap insted of packing stuff, but seemed to work fine, good looking product, didnt really have any communication with them, but no problems.
    Last edited by loser; 08-18-2006, 07:22 PM.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Re: ordered my exhuast * full review*

sweet thunder inlet
    sweet thunder outlet
    install kit
    rumbler
    Last edited by loser; 08-16-2006, 08:20 PM.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

looks to me like you already got the cat :p

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Was the Cat included?

Sorry I had to do it...
        1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
          looks to me like you already got the cat :p
          Dang beat me to it!
          1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

yea all 3 cats loved the new smells and toys, which were all the packing penuts. after 5 minutes they were EVERYWHERE. now all im waiting on is TSP, which is coming from texas so im not surprised it's not here yet. it'd a VERY nice to have it come tomoro.( probally wish-full thinking ) i still have to get at least 3 exhaust clamps, assumeing the rumbler comes with clamps. i need one to clamp the cat to the Y, and 2 to clamp the new muffler in-place of the dynomax on the rumbler.

EDIT: i have a quick question guys, the little lip on the S pipe, do i just cut that off? im guessing that's the end i connect to the cat right?
            Last edited by loser; 08-11-2006, 07:03 PM.

Comment

well its a little after 4 and i decided to call TSP and see whats up. trevor said the rumbler should be here the 16th ( exactly 1 week from when ordered ) i didnt really wonna hear that, maybe i'll put it on friday then when my dad will be around to help. ill keep you guys updated. with more pics and sound clips ASAP.

if anyone wants a video/picture's of anything specific just ask.

Comment

where are you putting the sweet thunder muffler? are you taking off the bullet from the rumbler and replacing that w/ the muffler? get sound clips if thats what you do. i wanted to do that a long time ago, but never went through w/ it.
                94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

i ordered the same cat from summit, they packaged it really well. it was in a small box inside of a bigger box that had their little goody bag in it..
                  2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                  2006 S60- Sold
                  2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

predator- yea im replacing the dynomax with the sweet-thunder. i'll definatly get clips, but i have NO idea how to get them from my video camera on to the computer so it might take me a day to figure that out.

steve- maybe they just dont like me? i only got one box, and no packing except free crap.

Comment

rumbler came - packaging was great, bubble wrap and packing penuts. communication was good too.

tomoro im going to cut off the dynomax from the rumbler, find a pipe expander and get the sweet thunder on, and use the pipe expander to let my 2.5'' tips slip inside the rumbler's tail pipes. i'll snap a pic compareing the dynomax and sweet thunder tomoro too.

with any luck it'll be on friday. i think im going to hold off on the sound clip untill i put some miles on it, becuase from everyone i talked to it changes alot once everything " breaks in" but i WILL have sound clips up before the end of the month for sure.
                      Last edited by loser; 08-16-2006, 08:27 PM.

Comment

got the dynomax out of the rumbler's I pipe, the one side( exit ) of the sweet thunder needs to be expanded a little.

comparison pic's

side by side

dynomax inside

Comment

lookin good loser. get a soundclip once it is all installed. ever think about headers? what kind of tips will you be using?
                          Dave:
                          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

headers will come after a lid. as for tips im useing stock black z28 tips, becuase IMO the best tips on camaro's = no tips. so im hoping black tips wont show that much. no pun intended david, you know i love your car.

EDIT: btw, stopped by the "Fox Muffler" shop down the road and they guy GLADLY expanded the pipes for me for free and ended up talking to me for a good 15 minutes.
                            Last edited by loser; 08-17-2006, 04:16 PM.

Comment

How come your using the Sweet Thunder over the dynomax?
                              Do you care about sound only?
                              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X