rattling noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattling noise

hey i have this rattling noise almost everytime i give it the gas in my 3.4 and i just got my flowmaster 80 series put on a couple weeks ago and that helped a little, but it still does it whenever i push on the gas and it spoils the sound of the new flows. any suggestions? i think it might be my converter.

Re: rattling noise

could be, or hangers. get under there and tap and shake away. It should show itself.
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by Camster44
      hey i have this rattling noise almost everytime i give it the gas in my 3.4 and i just got my flowmaster 80 series put on a couple weeks ago and that helped a little, but it still does it whenever i push on the gas and it spoils the sound of the new flows. any suggestions? i think it might be my converter.
      Last year I had a horrible rattling sound coming from underneath the car. It only happened when I hit the gas, or very rarely when I would coast, but never when I hit the brakes. After I replaced the cat, which was thankfully under warranty, it didn't fix a thing. It turned out the spring governing the pinion gear in the starter (the gear that hits the flywheel teeth) had gone out. Everytime I hit the gas, the pinion would shoot backward by force of inertia, hitting the gears on the rotating flywheel, and get knocked back and forth, creating the rattling noise. Conversely, when I hit the brakes, the pinion would shoot forward and stay there, stopping the rattling. Replaced the starter, and that was the end of that.

If your starter's not relatively new, you may want to investigate that part.

Comment

Dude one of your pipes is not fitted perfectly and is rattleing against the other one. I went back to the midas shop that did my exausht and they fixed it (weld) in like 2 minutes and no charge.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X