headers in california

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers in california

Anyone had trouble with emissions? when you got headers (and while were at it high flow cats) did u have any problems at the smog checks?

Re: headers in california

Originally posted by Gerbonium
    Anyone had trouble with emissions? when you got headers (and while were at it high flow cats) did u have any problems at the smog checks?
    I have to get my smog pretty soon, but I'm gonna go try to get it from someone I know. I have headers, high flow cat and intake. Plus my light is on. I'll let you know.
    K&N FIPK, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound Highflow Cat, 3\" Magnaflow catback, 180 Thermostat, 8.5 MSD Wires, NGK Plugs, Chrome ZR1 Rims

Comment

technically if the SES light is on its an auto fail (i know from experience, passed everything but that.) i bought the cheapest scanner i could find and deleted the code beofre i got it rechecked. good luck tho

Comment

hey man whassup :)

anyway -- the headers are legal in CA as long as they have a CARB EO# - which the pacesetters do. the unfortunate part is that they are only legal on a Automatic 3.8L F-Body, not one with a T5 in it.

the only issue im having with shorty's car now is that the SES light is going off like mad, but it looks like (from what im reading) changing the O2 sensors to new ones will fix that.

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
        Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
        West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

what do you guys think?

Since I live in California, would installing headers, that are not Ca. legal, be worth the money (i have the 'non leaking' headers, but they are not installed)?

Since I do not have the tools to do the job myself, i would hate to pay someone to put on the headers and then have to pay someone to take them off again, just to pass Emissions...OR should i buy a brand of headers that ARE legal in California, and be done with it?

(current set up; intake, borla cat back exhaust, stock cat)

thanks for your input in advance...

Comment

yea eventually ur gonna have to deal with the smog check and since ur headers are non carb you will not pass. if u cant find a smog place that will PASS you (by paying for extra) then ur only choices would be to pay someone to uninstall them and put back on or buy carb legal headers. the cheapest route since u cant install/uninstall would be to buy some headers that have the carb # stamp.

i have illegal headers but i know a place that will pass me or if worse comes to worse i'll just install them and put the stock manifolds on.

you have a nice setup going on... headers to stock cat (suggest you get a hi flow cat if u want it to sound more loud/tame) borla. :tup:

i used to have a borla :(

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

hey how it going they can be any type of headers as long as they are carb approve it u should be fine my car came with tubuler headers and i have a high flow cat and i pass smog though if u do get a high flow cat make sure u get a 02 sim cuse i herd that putting on a high flow cat may trigger the sen light on
              Last edited by Kal-El; 09-28-2007, 09:20 PM.
              2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

thanks for your input...i've been dying to put these bad boys on, but my only drawback is my concern for not passing Emissions (which i think i'm up for soon)....Maybe, i'll take a look at the Pacesetters since those DO come with the carb stamp....

unless, ANYONE in SoCal knows an Emissions Test Center they can 'recommend'? :naughty:

Comment

yea i live in cali and i'm thinking that i'm just going to keep it legal with the pacesetters when i eventually get to it...

Originally posted by gugdathug3

i used to have a borla :(
                  what was your experience with the borla?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X