New Muffler on Stock Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Muffler on Stock Exhaust

Here is my dilemma. I put on an SS/WS6 muffler and tips a few years ago, and now the muffler has rusted out pretty bad. I am thinking I can just change the muffler on the stock pipes (I still have the original Y87 muffler and tips) with something like a Dynomax Super Turbo so I still have a nice sound with a stealthly look. OR, I could try to get the SS tails off of the muffler and onto the new.

My question is...has anybody put an aftermarket muffler on the stock pipes on a 98-02? I know the stock I-pipe is 2.25", but the aftermarket mufflers are all 2.5". Do they fit? If you did this, please post what part # and brand muffler you used, and if any modification was needed for the install. Any info is appreciated.
    1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Re: New Muffler on Stock Exhaust

all you would need is a 2.5" to 2.25" reducer pipe... couple bucks at autozone or whatever parts store you go to
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

we used the dynomax (jegs#) 289-17739 muffler, its 2.5" and we had the tailpipes made 2.5" too

the shop can reduce the pipes themselves or build you new ones, some Y87s had turn down tailpipes, i guess yours doesnt, otherwise they could just build 2.5" with turndowns
      91 Mustang LX 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-daily driver, 210hp/300ft-lbs (outdated)<br />94 Ranger Splash 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-serious build up, shooting for 400+hp<br />95 Camaro 3.4 auto -hers<br />-she\'s workin on it

Comment

i put a magaflow with 3"magaflow tips and had the tailpipes turndown so all you see are the tips with magaflow across them. looks and sounds good. the shop made it connect up it was no big deal.

Comment

the muffler i put on was actually a 3 inch but the exhaust place had no problem making it fit. all in all i payed 30 bux for him to well them together and put in reducers.
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X