newbie-cold air intake 1997 3.8l v6 3800 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbie-cold air intake 1997 3.8l v6 3800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie-cold air intake 1997 3.8l v6 3800

which would be the best way to go. I bought a peice of **** of ebay for $31,
    (willing to sell if any one wants it). my cousin said it wouldn't fit the 3800,
    just wondering if there were any other products I could purscase beside the slp (and would that fit my engine) or any other applications that would fit my car. Also would this take away from the longevity of my engine.
    any suggestions would help,
    thank you
    sam

P.S. this a for a firebird
    Last edited by sam salvator; 05-16-2006, 11:31 PM.

Re: newbie-cold air intake 1997 3.8l v6 3800

i had a custom job done on my 3800, seemed pretty easy to do. find a chrome pipe, the one they used for me was the one for the prelude, almost the same diameter, or just find a similar one. cut it with a saw to the correct size or whichever size u want it, and buy a cone filter and connect it to it. that's the easiest thing to do.

Comment

any lt1 intake will fit your 97 as long as you pick up the 1le elbow. thats the part that is included with the slp kit (the reason its a bit more expensive).

that means theres KN, moroso, lingenfelter, slp, and probably even one im missing.

look for a used slp or something if you need to save some money.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

phatgreatwall,
        Three questions.What year prelude, how much did this cost and is it worth the time. What were the power gains and how does it sound.
        Thank you,
        sam

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X