Lid or High flow cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid or High flow cat?

Currently i have a flowmaster 2.5" catback exhaust and the free ram air mod. All i'm looking for is power in any mod but i'm short of cash. However, i'm about to come across about another 150$ and i would like to know what will get me more power, the lid or the high flow cat? Or is there anything else around that price range that would benefit me more than either of those 2 options? Also, I've heard about the performance jet chips but what i've heard isn't very good. Are they worth it or are they a waste of cash?

Thanks for any replies.
    2002 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Monsoon stereo with T-Tops

Re: Lid or High flow cat?

Well, some people think that these chips are great but personally, for the money, I would buy the mail in tuning which IMO, you get a lot more for a similar price.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I am sorry but i will always post this when someone "says short on cash" then something to do with an intak; MAKE YOUR OWN www.intakehoses.com Cost me 50bills with free ram air mod and yes i notice a diff MAYBE its not as good as a whipser lid but i bought gears with the money i saved. Now to get them installed lol.
      \"its been long over due\"

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroDude
        Currently i have a flowmaster 2.5" catback exhaust and the free ram air mod. All i'm looking for is power in any mod but i'm short of cash. However, i'm about to come across about another 150$ and i would like to know what will get me more power, the lid or the high flow cat? Or is there anything else around that price range that would benefit me more than either of those 2 options? Also, I've heard about the performance jet chips but what i've heard isn't very good. Are they worth it or are they a waste of cash?

Thanks for any replies.
        In my opinion you'll get more hp if you save some money first instead of doing mods as the cash is coming, then do good mods like headers, high flow cat, or air lid. If your going on the mail-in tuning (many guys in this board are agree it is the best) put it in last place in order to get more hp, instead of doing the tunning alone.
        Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

get the lid first.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
          Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
          http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

I have 2002 camaro so i have the tubular manifolds, would headers really help? I heard that these were already pretty good and that headers wouldn't really do much. Ok, so its the lid then unless someone says otherwise.
            Last edited by CamaroDude; 05-14-2006, 03:08 PM.
            2002 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Monsoon stereo with T-Tops

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroDude
              I have 2002 camaro so i have the tubular manifolds, would headers really help? I heard that these were already pretty good and that headers wouldn't really do much. Ok, so its the lid then unless someone says otherwise.
              That's how I started + K&N. If you wait and save, you will save some bucks on a package (CAI & Lid) http://www.tbyrne.com/v6catalog.html
              Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

you will see a slight gain on some dyno sheets but other than that, headers will only make your car sound nice.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I vote lid. At this point it'll make the nicest sound and power difference for your money.
                  1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X