rumbler install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rumbler install

where did all you guys with the rumbler get yours installed at. i was told midas, but they only do direct fit, which means they wont make an s-pipe for me. I have my rumbler just sitting here and im dying to get it on. HELP!!! im only 16 so if i could put it on myself i would (no welder/no skills).
    2000 Camaro 3.8l T5<br />whisper lid, free ram air mod

Re: rumbler install

If you have some basic tools like a sawzall and stuff, you could put it on yourself with just clamps, then take it to a muffler shop to get it welded.
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

well it came with clamps, but i also got a new cat in today as well, so if i were to put both of them on (3 In.) i still wouldnt have an s-pipe. o yea, and the cat is universal, so it didnt come with clamps

Comment

Just take it to a muffler shop... any muffler shop, theres bazillions of them in the phone book, and the vast majority of them could probably knock you up an "S" pipe. The alternative would be to buy the Loudmouth V6 Installation kit, which gives you the 3" "S" pipe you'd need. If you decide to go that route you can get if from LMPerformance.com as well as a number of other sites linked in one of the stickies.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

well i did alot of calling around, and i found a Midas that will do it for me. it is like a 40 minute drive but its worth it. and one more question, around how much is install usually?

Comment

maybe up to a couple hundred. I highly recommend you do not go to Midas. Too many people have experienced poor customer service and or they have screwed somthing up on their car. You will also probably pay more at midas than a normal muffler shop.
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Try to talk to some other people at your school who are into cars, see if they know anyone who does side-jobs for extra cash, or see where they have had work done at. I'm getting my Rumbler put on with tips and my 3" cat for 40 bucks, (same guy that did a custom 2.75" on my cobalt) and I just have to pay for the Ubend he's gonna use to make a S pipe. If you take the time to look and find the right people its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Savorybacon
                Try to talk to some other people at your school who are into cars, see if they know anyone who does side-jobs for extra cash, or see where they have had work done at. I'm getting my Rumbler put on with tips and my 3" cat for 40 bucks, (same guy that did a custom 2.75" on my cobalt) and I just have to pay for the Ubend he's gonna use to make a S pipe. If you take the time to look and find the right people its worth it.
                As far as that goes, maybe you could ask your shop teacher to do it as like a class project or something. The welds may not look pretty, but no one looks at that anyway, and it'd be free.
                1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Shop over here quoted me $75 for install.

Comment

thanks alot guys, im goin around to a few different shops after school today to get some quotes, so ill have a better idea by tonight and Ill let u know what their askin.

ps. waiting with it just sitting in my room sucks :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X