Finally got that exhaust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got that exhaust...

Ok, so some of you might remember me *****ing about how slow TSP were in shipping me the Rumbler. Weeell after a few phone conversations and a lot of waiting i finally got things sorted out:

So last week i managed to reach them, however they still didn't have the piping for the Rumbler, now i would have assumed that they would have made it themselves... apparently not. So in a combination of my impatience (i'd been waiting almost a month to that point), and concern over the rumbler being prehaps too loud (mainly because i park in an indoor parking structure... didn't really feel like getting yelled at for setting off car alarms and such) i changed my order to something they had in stock. Namely the 3" Hooker catback.

Shipped in a week, arrived yesterday, and today i went down to "Mike's Mufflers" and had it installed. Apparently took some fudging to get it on right, but he only charged me $180 for 3 hours of work... which isn't really too bad at all. The bottom line tho is it sounds great! Not quite as loud as i was expecting at an idle, but under a few revs and she really sings. Much deeper and louder than the old flowmaster (40 series i think?) that was on the car previously. So despite the wait it's turned out quite well... I'll get some pictures tomorrow, and if anyone cares to tell me how: a sound clip as well.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Re: Finally got that exhaust...

youre old muffler was probably a 80 series http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/pdfs/80series.pdf

i dont believe the 40 had one in two out.

regardless, congrats on finally getting the exhaust :banana: waiting around can be annoying.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i have the flowmaster 40 series delta flow single in dual out, so yes, it does have one in two out jus fyi
      \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

yes the 40 series is a dual out but not a crossflow like the 80 series. which is what i think he meant. cuz with out some crazy bends in the pipe you cant make it come out the opposite sides like the 80 series muffler
        '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
        Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro-3.8
          yes the 40 series is a dual out but not a crossflow like the 80 series. which is what i think he meant. cuz with out some crazy bends in the pipe you cant make it come out the opposite sides like the 80 series muffler
          Well anyway its a moot point cuz that suckers gone now... Now i'm going to go wash my car and take her to the beach :D

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X