Solution to the water in clearcorner problem... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solution to the water in clearcorner problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to the water in clearcorner problem...

I finally got sick and tired of blowing bulbs left and right on my clearcorners. I tried everything. Tried resealing everything, making any place where water could get in air tight, but to no success. I still would get water in there anytime it rained or i washed my car.

Anyways, i'm sure some of you have already figured this out, but by drilling a hole or two on the bottom of the clearcorner works wonders. Any time i get water in there, it runs right out, and i havent blown a bulb since (i've had the holes drilled for about 3 weeks, just wanted to test it before i told everyone else that it worked). It doesnt even get foggy anymore, its always completely dry in there.

I'll try to get some pics up for you guys to see because it might be hard for me to explain where to drill the holes, but for anyone who has this water problem, i highly recommend this.

Sit tight, i'll have pics by tonight if not sooner...

EDIT: Heres the pics

I used a 1/8" drill to make the holes.

EDIT #2: Sorry about the car being dusty and dirty... their doing construction up the street from me where i drive all the time... (just trying to avoid any criticism lol)
    Last edited by lookout4theyeti; 05-09-2006, 05:26 PM.
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Re: Solution to the water in clearcorner problem...

My problem came from the bulb's seal. It was worn out/loose and letting water penetrate inside of the housing. A new rubber seal took care of it though.
    sigpic

Comment

I get water in it all the time, the fog clears in a few hours, and I've never busted a blub.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
        My problem came from the bulb's seal. It was worn out/loose and letting water penetrate inside of the housing. A new rubber seal took care of it though.
        I tried that too... nothing fixed it... This was the only solution i could find was to drill the holes
        2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

good... but wrong section.
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
            good... but wrong section.
            Wow...im a dumbass... i think i was lookin in this section when i thought about posting this and i just never thought to see what section it was in.

Mods please move this to its appropriate place, sorry for the mistake
            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X