More Cool Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Cool Air

I said before that I was planning to make my own custom add-on for CAI. I would like to take advantage of the air coming from the two holes on the front grill and send it to the add-on.
    My question is, Is that air help to cold the engine under the hood or have another fuction?
    Also, If I make a much wider and thicker front air scoop than the one in the aftermarket add-on, Will it interfere with the air going to the radiator?
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: More Cool Air

This is what i did you can check it out and it works great for 50 bills can't complain http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=64973&page=3
    \"its been long over due\"

Comment

No offense, but your CAI looks rough. Also the total air getting in from the air scoops are not going right to the air filter. It will be better if you install some flat ducts from the air scoops to a custom lid or box with the filter inside. In that way your TB will take more air. I believe that the aftermakket CAI and its add-on will work better since massive air is going DIRECTLY to the filter and so to the TB. The add-on I thinking to make will have a much bigger scoop with a square bell shape. Probably the add-on will receive 2 alluminium ducts from the nostrils on the front grill.
      Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

which two holes are you talking about? the outer ones were fog lights go or the two holes on the grill area? neither are really for cooling, but the fog light holes would be great for a CAI point.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
          which two holes are you talking about? the outer ones were fog lights go or the two holes on the grill area? neither are really for cooling, but the fog light holes would be great for a CAI point.
          First of all, my car is a 99 3.8 camaro. I am talking about the holes on the grill area. The space of every hole makes an "L" and sends the air above to some openings under the hood (front area). So this air goes to the engine (I think). Instead of that, I want to redirect that air from under the hood to the add-on with the alluminium ducts. I may need to cut the black plastic wall that direct air from under the car. But now you mentioned the holes on the fog light, I may take advantage from that and direct that air to the add-on also. But I don't know how good this may be since the fog light is there and blocks air.
          Last edited by borispeed; 05-06-2006, 03:21 PM.

Comment

leave the grill open unless you want your motor to run a lil hotter which would make even out the power u add with cai to power loss with engine heat. the fog lights would be good but i think you should just buy one. save up or something.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
              leave the grill open unless you want your motor to run a lil hotter which would make even out the power u add with cai to power loss with engine heat. the fog lights would be good but i think you should just buy one. save up or something.
              So you are agree that nostrils on the grill are to cool the engine and not as BLLDOGG said.

Comment

well mine atleast were covered by foam in the back so i didnt really think it was a cooling thing

Comment

that was my thought... i didn't have any foam on mine. I don't see whatelse it would be for. And with the lid setting right there, its almost like a cold air intake itself... bringing in air that is straight from the outside front of car.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

well mine atleast were covered by foam in the back
                    Mine also. But if you try to reach the grill from above (under the hood) you will see an opening enough to introduce a 2 0 3 inches diameter pipe (from above).

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                      that was my thought... i didn't have any foam on mine. I don't see whatelse it would be for. And with the lid setting right there, its almost like a cold air intake itself... bringing in air that is straight from the outside front of car.
                      Yours don't have foam probably because is a bird.
                      Are you talking about the air lid? Is it right where?

Comment

Originally posted by borispeed
                        Mine also. But if you try to reach the grill from above (under the hood) you will see an opening enough to introduce a 2 0 3 inches diameter pipe (from above).
                        yeah i know. I found that out a long time ago when i put some fog lights in those two holes:p

Comment

yeah i know. I found that out a long time ago when i put some fog lights in those two holes:p
                          Fog lights? Additional to the ones in their own holes? How your car looks with them?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X