o2 sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sensors

are there 2 or three o2 sensors on a 97, how many can be removed or simmed without major probs or ecu tuning?

are people just relocating them when they install headers?

sorry if this is a repeat, but did a search and found nothing

Re: o2 sensors

I believe the 97 is the same as the 96. In which case, there are 3 o2 sensors.
    Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

Yeah, you have OBD-2 so you have 2 upstream (header) 02's and 1 downstream (behind the cat)
      99 WS6
      13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
      tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

interesting....... the 95.5 harness has provisions for 4 sensors. maybe it ws just that silly cali thing?
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

mine has 4 sensors one on each header one before the cat and one after

Comment

mine has 4 also, one on each of the headers, and one before and one after the cat. The one after the cat is the one you get delete.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Well sense were on the subject does anyone have the part numbers for the O2 sensors and is there any brands that are better than others. I think I read somewhere that Bosch were not all that great but I can't remember. If you replace one on an exhaust manifold for flagging a code should you replace the other? I plan on getting pace setter ceramic coated headers in about 2 months. Will there be a problem installingany paticular brand of 02 sensor in these? Also my 96 firebird has 4 o2 sensors.
              Last edited by crushedout; 05-05-2006, 07:53 PM.
              Originally posted by kala
              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X