installed the FIPK and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installed the FIPK and...

the stock airbok the back rubber boot had ripped and somehow on the mas air flow the screen got damaged reallly bad should i just remove the front screen or should i but a whole new unit can i buy just a replacement screen and also i am having trouble findindg one for a v6 if i have to by a new one might as well get a upgraded one if there is one so can someone point me in the right direction.. what would you do right now the damaged screen is in there the whole left side is pretty much smashed over no air flow on that side at all

by the way if you haven't heard a v6 with just the FIPK you dunno what your missing it sounds mean as ****!! got some video of it as soon as i find a place to upload it i will post it!
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: installed the FIPK and...

depending on what you did, you may be able to fix the screen. take a pin and try to ope the holes in the correct direction if its not too bad. take your time and it should turn out allright. if its really bad, look for a used tb with a screen. i would not take out the screen on a angled tb.

i may be selling my tb in a couple of weeks.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i would rather just get a new screen as to fix that one its pretty bad and btw i didn't do it my g/f bought the car wrecked guess no one ever looked at the engine.. btw its a 01 3.8 why whouldn't you remove the screen?
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

should be able to find a used tb cheap. i just got one for 30 bucks, and that included everything down to the sensors. dont know where you can get just the screen. on the angled tb, removing it can cause problems. on a 99+ its ok though.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

vr4gasm, since you have a 2001, it's fine to take the screen out, mine's out on my 02 as well.

on 95's-98's most people leave theres in because of the angle tb

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
          Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
          http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

yep, since you have a straight tb you can remove it. i missed your year there.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

you didn't miss it i just forgot to post it i think sorry about that man i will take it out and see if anything bad happens lol
              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
              1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X