where can i get a high flow cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i get a high flow cat?

ive searched everywhere, no one seems to have a high flow cat for the 3.8. Im sure i missed something somewhere, and will look like an idiot. if im not mistaken, our stock cats are 3" inlet and 2.25" outlet right? cause i cant find anything that matches that anywhere...
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Re: where can i get a high flow cat?

i just ordered this one.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer
      so a 2.5" in and out will fit our cars?
      2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
        so a 2.5" in and out will fit our cars?
        lol i hope so :-) cuz thats whats gonna go on it :-)

Comment

Our stock cat is 3" in/2.25" out. but why would you want to keep the stock size, just upgrade your cat to a bigger less restrictive size when you upgrade your exhaust
          2000 Camaro 3.8l T5<br />whisper lid, free ram air mod

Comment

i want the stock size because right now i dont have the money to get a catback system, im waiting until this summer when i have a job. i suspect my car is running like crap because of my cat, but ive decided to take my car into the dealership to see if they can figure out whats wrong, instead of throwing more money at the problem.
            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

dont worry about replacing your cat until you have a cat-back. if theres something wrong with it then get a new cat i would suggest 2.5". you will notive a lot better gains from it once you throw a cat-back on too but because it will be behind the stock exhaust the gains will be limited.

pretty much until you do other things first, dont touch your cat unless its busted
              '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
              Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

well his thought process is that he think his cat is busted. he'll get back to use with the real problem after he goes to the dealership.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

^^^ what he said
                  2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

it wasnt the cat, it turns out its my fuel pump. the dealership wants $732 just for parts... so yeah im not having them do it, whats a good replacement pump, i want to upgrade it to the walbro 255lph but i dont know if that requires me to tune it at all because of the increased flow. also, is it difficult to install? i have a friend who has replaced fuel pumps twice, but it was on a dodge spirit, is there alot of variation car-to-car on replacing pumps?
                    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Yea, from the sound of it, you need to replace the entire assembly, which either way, you have to drain your tank(easy), drop the rear end(moderate), and then disconnect all the wires, pump etc.(easy). It just takes a while and you will need to have someone with you that knows what they are doing. If you go with a larger pump, you'll in turn want to tune the car. The pump can be restricted, but I see no point in buying a larger pump if you don't plan on upgrading your car to use the larger pump. Just my .02
                      Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

yeah, you will not see higher pressure or more flow thus no need for a tune.
                        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

got my car back today... it turns out it was the cat. my car threw no codes and the records showed that the cat was replaced in 12/05, but luckily a technician recognized that my original cat was still on there while it was on the lift. so they replaced it under warranty (should have been done but somebody 'forgot' to put a new one on there) and my cars running fine again!
                          2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X