dynomax guys, is this good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynomax guys, is this good?

wanted opinion on this particular muffler for sound and power, i am going to a shop and having larger pipe run and dual at rear, high flow cat, everything behind exhaust man. will be replaced, also what is a good priced cat.

are most people having an issue with o2 sensor after cat replacement is the o2 simulator really a good idea??

muffler link:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Re: dynomax guys, is this good?

the muffler is fine. go through the exhaust clip sticky and try to find someone with that muffler so you can hear it. yeah, most likely if you get a high flow cat, it will through an SES code. the sims work well if thats what your asking. what size piping is he going to use? what size? is it going to mandrel bent? how much is he going to charge?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i was told around $250 custom piping with cat and muffler, no tips included and he said he figured 3", i was unsure whether to go 2.75", he said i could go H pipe and 2 mufflers, , but no real difference, he also said he may be able to get me a deal on tips.

Comment

so you going duals the whole way from the manifolds or after the cat? I would do max 2.5" if your doing duals. Dont do duals off the cat, you wasting your money cause it really makes no sense. if you do duals of the manifolds, dont use cats cause there isnt enough room for the driver side piping. make sure everything is mandrel bent cause otherwise your getting cheap crappy work.
        Last edited by BLLDOGG; 04-27-2006, 06:10 PM.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i was going 3" probably back through cat and into the muffler (one) abovelinked and then 2 2.5" out the rear for looks with probably 2 3" dual rolled steel tips, i am pretty sure it is mandrel, but haven't gone to see him yet, he said that he wanted to put it on the lift and take a look at it first.

Comment

there is no way it'll be mandrel but dont worry, the price would prob be 2 or 3 times that if it was, put that money else where, and yes that muffler will sound great

we put one for a 3rd gen on my girlfriend's 3.4, it's 2.5 in and 2.5 dual out, sounds great, no raspiness after the first week (break in)
            91 Mustang LX 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-daily driver, 210hp/300ft-lbs (outdated)<br />94 Ranger Splash 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-serious build up, shooting for 400+hp<br />95 Camaro 3.4 auto -hers<br />-she\'s workin on it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X