SLP cold air intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP cold air intake?

I need a new cold air intake and ive herd good things abotu the slp intake... i have a 3.8l camaro... could anyone tell me there opinions on slp's intake and will it improve my exhaust sound?

Re: SLP cold air intake?

the slp intakes are nice. kind of a pain to install(but they all are a PITA in my opinion)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

thanks for the imput! ive herd stick to knn and then ive herd slp.. i figure i cant go wrong with slp though?

Comment

SLP makes very good performance parts. you probably won't notice any difference in exhaust tone because you will hear the intake gurgle a LOT more. its normal so don't be alarmed. the stock air intake has an air silencer in it. it silences the gurgle at the cost of disrupting the air flow. hence all performance intakes don't have a silencer.
        95 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/</a> <br /><br />me on a good day------&gt; <a href=\"http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">linky</a>

Comment

I have a SLP CAI and the sound didn't change much but then i put in a whisper lid and it sounded like twice as good. It sounded hollower like a V8. Well close to a V8.

Comment

Since my intake is so restricted, I decided to just take out the filter and see if that makes a difference. Well it did only by sound. I'm gonna try and make my own cai. What do you guys think?

Comment

whoa, go put the filter back in. its there for a reason. where i live now, there is a helllll of a lot of pollen, and i wouldnt want my intake sucking in all that. I dont know much about the 98+ intakes, but if it were me, i would go with the slp intake. I have the slp intake for the 95-97 model 3.8s, and it sounds good, got decent power gain, and it looks pretty cool on top of that. I personally wouldn't go cheap when putting parts on my car. I enjoy being proud of having good name parts on my car and showin them off. =)
              Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Well first off, My reason for having it off was simple, one because their is no poluttion in the middle of the country; two, it was a cheap power gain that showed at the track. Just happen to forget were I put that dag gum filter. Anyways its just temporary. I have thought of an idea to rought an intake tube south of the throttlebody to the bottom of the radiotor. Then bend it towards the front of the car right under the radiator. Cut a U section out of the front air dam and have a filter right there where all the cold air that hits the radiotor goes. SO far no one will tell me if this is a good idea. It is basically the same thing as the kits for the newer cars but instead it starts behind the radiotaor.

Comment

as long as it doesnt suck up water and hyrdolock your motor, u should be alright?
                  Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Water is an issue like Harrison said and the filter will get extremely dirty fast. You will have to clean and oil it more often.

To get this thread back on topic... I found that the slp cold air intake did make a noticable gain on the "seat of the pants" dyno. It also changed the tone of my exhuast, but it's really only noticable at WOT. The gurgle like andrew mentioned and hissing will probably be much more noticable.
                    Last edited by HokieBird; 04-18-2006, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      5 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X