My cat took a dump, gutting it this weekend - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My cat took a dump, gutting it this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cat took a dump, gutting it this weekend

I started to notice a little loss of power (moslty mid and topend)and a slight rattle coming from inside the cat. Well the rattle has gotten worse and the power loss seems to have gotten a little worse too. so this weekend im just going to pull and gut it. the cat is a carsound/magnaflow 3" i/o. I cant wait to gut that sucker out im so tired of the f-in rattle. the cat is a little over a yr old.
    Last edited by articacid; 04-16-2006, 09:32 PM.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Re: My cat took a dump, gutting it this weekend

DANG! The big bad carsound cat doesnt really last forever. my catco is going strong with a lot more time than that :p

are you just going to put a pipe through it?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i originally went with the carsound becuase ive heard they last longer with fewer problems than the catco's.

i think mine might have to do with it being lowered i might have busted it a few times.

im not putting a pipe though it, im just going to gut it and clean it out real good.
      <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

good. that way you still pass the visual check. I think the pipe reference is how you're gonna gut it. It took me about 1/2 hr to finish shattering the cat from my blazer, but then I was probably using the wrong/to big of pipe for it.
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

oh gotcha, yeah pretty much. i thought he was sayin weld a pipe inside it to get max flow.

Comment

got it off today and it was all busted up inside. basicly powderized with one big chunk. i had to cut slits in it to get it off. its all nice and clean inside, tomarrow ill weld the slits shut and toss it back on.

i actually got to drive it with out the cat off and man it is loud. dont sound bad but dont sound great. you do however hear everything, like in between ships it will rasp real quick as i let off the gas.

Comment

Hahaha when i first read the title I thought your house-cat took a dump in your house or something, so this weekend your gutting it

Comment

Originally posted by articacid
                i actually got to drive it with out the cat off and man it is loud. dont sound bad but dont sound great. you do however hear everything, like in between ships it will rasp real quick as i let off the gas.
                should have gotten us a sound clip.:poke: it's ok, as long as you tell us if it rasp's more or drones worse now with the cat gutted. ;)
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i ditched my cat a couple months ago and it sounds fine....noticably louder w/more volume....doesnt sound bad at all......sounds exactly like a v8 at idle and when rollin through parkin lots and such.....not much of a ricey tone at all up top either.
                  \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

Originally posted by articacid
                    im not putting a pipe though it, im just going to gut it and clean it out real good.
                    thats how myne is... now everyone one reading.. it will pass inspection right?..
                    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

my blazer passed the sniffer test w/a gutted cat. just make sure that your car is in good running condition/recent tune up.
                      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                      94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                        should have gotten us a sound clip.:poke: it's ok, as long as you tell us if it rasp's more or drones worse now with the cat gutted. ;)
                        i thought about it but my batteries were dead in my camera and i was trying to get it done so i just kinda blew it off.

it doesnt drone as bad, not that it droned much before. it does have more volume and idle sounds more aggressive. it does rasp about 500 rpms earlier now. but not a ricer rasp, like a jet engine.

any of the 96+ and some 95 cars with obd 2 dont require sniff testing. some states do require it. basicly obd2 can monitor emmisions, so just the computer need to be checked to see if it will pass emissions. so basicly if you do not throw ses codes/have the light on youll be alright. the only reason i put the cat back on is to passed the visual.

the car runs so much better now. i knew something was wrong, it seemed like a iwas feathering the clutch more than usual and had a decent lack of power. gas mileage also seem unusually low, like 20 where i was getting 25ish before. cars drives amazing i dont have to put my foot into it to get it moving anymore.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X