o2 sim not working? Threw 2 codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sim not working? Threw 2 codes

hey ive got a hi flow cat and i threw a code for that and now having the rear o2 sensor in. i bought a o2 sim from ftpp and put that in,, and 25 miles later after putting that in, i threw a code

(p0420)the pcm has determined that the catylist system efficiency for bank 1 is below threshhold for the current engine operation conditions

and also,

(p1652) IAC moniter disabled by PSP switch failed on.

Could this have anything to do with the fan switch cuz i heard you could get a ses code for that but..
    what could this be?
    thanks for the help.

Matt
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Re: o2 sim not working? Threw 2 codes

the 420 basicly shows your sims really isnt doing anything for you, i would get in touch with whoever you bought it off of. the only thing is in my experience it takes at least 150 miles to set it or clear it by itself. so if you just got it run it for a week or to and see if it goes out. if it was working at all you should at least get a p0137 or 138 which are just high and low voltage codes.

i got a caspers sim and it has worked pretty well for me, had one prob with it, sent it back and they replaced it free of charge.

the other code i am not sure of, but i dont think that is a result of the fan switch. the fan switch can set a code if you leave it on for a little while but i dont think thats the code.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Is your cat brand new? I had the same thing happen to me. My cat was brand new and there was no code but about a week after I had a SES code come up I already figured that I would need a sim so I got one and installed it. But yet again the code would not go away. What you have to do is this:

After you put the sim in you have to pop your hood and there you will see 2 fuse boxes one will say PCM BATT. And the other will say PCM unplug them, let your car sit for about 10 to 15 min's. Plug the 2 fuses that you took out for your PCM back in and you should be good to go. All that does is resets your PCM. :)
      2002 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1</a>

Comment

Cat isnt brand new, got it over 6 months ago probably, ran it w/o an o2 sensor in the rear for a while.
        Now i bought a sim, and got the ses code..
        Ill try the fuse thing, thanks!
        *Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Silverbird2002
          Is your cat brand new? I had the same thing happen to me. My cat was brand new and there was no code but about a week after I had a SES code come up I already figured that I would need a sim so I got one and installed it. But yet again the code would not go away. What you have to do is this:

After you put the sim in you have to pop your hood and there you will see 2 fuse boxes one will say PCM BATT. And the other will say PCM unplug them, let your car sit for about 10 to 15 min's. Plug the 2 fuses that you took out for your PCM back in and you should be good to go. All that does is resets your PCM. :)
          it doesnt just automaticly clear. it will take a few hundred miles for the computer to run a cycle and determine whether it is funtioning correctly.

by pulling the fuses all you do is manually reset it. if the problem is still there is will still come up.

if the sim is working the light will go out on its own it will just take about 150+ miles(usually).
          <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

well i drove 1200 miles from chicago to orlando, and it didnt reset/ or clear itself , so i was wondering if there was something else to do.
            Maybe i should email ftpp then and tell them it isnt working.
            *Matt

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
              well i drove 1200 miles from chicago to orlando, and it didnt reset/ or clear itself , so i was wondering if there was something else to do.
              Maybe i should email ftpp then and tell them it isnt working.
              if it didnt reset itself that means the sim is most likely not working.

i would contact them asap. how long have you had the sim?

Comment

2 weeks
                *Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  5 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X