Plz help, SES light after Whisper install - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plz help, SES light after Whisper install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz help, SES light after Whisper install

Well, today I was sitting at a red light, when my SES light came on. This comes a day and half after I installed my whisper lid....Since I've got a 98 the only sensor I had to move was the IAT sensor, and it looks to me that it's installed correctly. Any suggestions on what this could be? Thanks in advance.
    1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Were you careful with the IAT sensor? You may have broken it and not even be aware of it. Make sure the connection to the sensor is good too.

Comment

Yea, I'm pretty sure I didn't break it, but I did accidentally touch the tip of it quickly, but that shouldn't matter too much, should it?
      1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Yea, I'm pretty sure I didn't break it, but I did accidentally touch the tip of it quickly, but that shouldn't matter too much, should it? <hr></blockquote>

That shouldn't matter at all. Inside of the plastic shell is a temperature sensitive resistor coated in ceramic. You should be able to boil the sucker and have nothing happen.

Chances are the connection to the sensor are loose or unreliable...

Comment

i have a brand new censor if u want it ill sell it 10 bucks.. i thought it was the prob with mine but it ended up being something else.. lemme know

Comment

I decided not to be lazy, and go grab a flashlight and check it out more closely, it turns out that the connection wasn't fully snapped together as it should have been. To get rid of the SES light, I follwed the instructions from installuniversity.com, and removed the pcm bat and ign fuses with the car in the "on" position and let it sit for about 5 mins. After 5 mins, I took the keys out, then replaced the fuses and started up the car. The SES was still on...Since it took it about a day and half to reccognize that the sensor wasn't connected properly, will it take the same time to realize the sensor is connected properly?

Comment

Well after installing the IAT sensor correctly, I just had to drive around for about 10 miles and the light finally went off. Just wanna say thanks to everyone that helped.

P.S. This lid is awesome, it also took away that ricey sound my flowmaster had after 3k rpm!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X