MAF Screen Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF Screen Removal

I have seen some of you aout there with this mod. I wanted to know if it is really worthwhile to take out. If so, I would really appreciate some instructions of some kind.
    1997 30th Ann. Camaro RS <br /><br />Aluminum CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat., 160 Thermo. <br />B&M Shift Plus, Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs

It was a pretty smooth process with my '99, I unplugged sensor, used a screwdriver to pull out the ring, and the screen slips out. I did this while I was installing my whisper box since the thing was nice and exposed at the time. Those 2 mods together gave my car a noticable kick.
    \'99 Camaro A4<br />Flowmaster Exhaust, Whisper intake lid, and those wretched stock rear gears.

Comment

on a 97, i here its not a great idea, better for the straight tb ppl (98+)
      97 camaro<br />black, 5 speed, t-tops, rockford fosgate cd w/4X6.5\" rockford speakers, 3\" flowmaster american thunder catback with 3\" carsound cat, SLP CAI, B&M Ripper w/leather Hurst shift knob, 5% tint.<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ianwells100:
        on a 97, i here its not a great idea, better for the straight tb ppl (98+)
        99+, 98 still features angled TB

and yes, that is the rule of thumb

Comment

i did it on my 97 no problem here......
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

In my experience on my 97...

Before I ported/polished my TB/MAF unit, I ran screenless. Worked nice, a bit of a throttle response increase, but nothing huge.

After porting/polishing the TB/MAF, I tried to run the car without the MAF screen, and it wouldn't do it. It ran rich as hell and stalled shortly after starting. I didn't even bother trying to get it moving. I put the screen back in, felt a noticable improvement over my former no screen, unported TB/MAF.

If you want to port your throttle body... leave the MAF screen alone.

If you don't want to port your throttle body, you may remove the screen.
            \'97 Camaro: GN Turbo w/intercooler, 3.42s w/ Auburn HD posi, Bulletproof 4L60E-HD, stage II shift kit, Vette servo, MSD Ign, K&N, Ported TB/MAF, 3\" FlowMaster, 160* thermo, HPTuners v1.6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X