How many wires is the O2 sensors??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many wires is the O2 sensors??

As I recall looking under the car, there were 3 of them. One by the Cat., the other two on the exhaust manifold. I remember it being like 4 wires, am I right?

How much should I expect to pay for each?? ~$50?? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Huh?

I think you're asking how many O2 sensors there are, not how many wires are involved with each. (which, by the way is 1)

There are 4 O2 sensors:
    1 on the drivers side exhaust header
    1 on the passengers side exhaust header
    1 on the Y pipe before the Catyletic convertor
    1 on the I pipe behind the Cat.

I'm not sure about the price of the newer ones. When I replaced the one on my 3rd gen before, it was about $35.

-Brian

[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: Brian Dieckman ]</p>
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

I'm asking both kinda...hehee
      I ask how many wires because single wires are cheaper and need to change more often. Are your answers based on a 3.4 or 3.8?? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

yeah, oops, just realized it's the wrong section. :D [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't believe you have a choice in wire type, do you? I thought the OBD2 cars required the heated O2 sensors, and therefore the multiwires. The 3.4L uses single wire non-heated plugs, but it is also OBD1.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Backfire:
            I don't believe you have a choice in wire type, do you? I thought the OBD2 cars required the heated O2 sensors, and therefore the multiwires. The 3.4L uses single wire non-heated plugs, but it is also OBD1.<hr></blockquote>

There seems to be a misundertanding my friend. I was asking how many wires there are on my car because if there were more wires then the change intervals are longer. BTW, I found out its 4 wires and I have a total of 4....Dam.....$$Cha-Ching$$
            [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

O2 sensors for the post car run $109 new from GM! So be ready to bend over.
              2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

I was kind of responding to Brian's post:
                <blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I think you're asking how many O2 sensors there are, not how many wires are involved with each. (which, by the way is 1) <hr></blockquote>
                as well as giving some general info. The multiwire, heated plugs are needed for the OBD2 3.8L, which you have. The single wire, non-heated piugs, mentioned by Brian, are for the OBD1 3.4L. I was just saying that your car required the multiwire sensors [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ April 23, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Backfire:
                  I was kind of responding to Brian's post:

<hr></blockquote>

Oh ok, my mistake...
                  [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X