Any V6's with X pipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any V6's with X pipes?

HasI'm thinking it hasn't been done because it wouldn't provide enough backpressure... but has anybody with a V6 done a X pipe exhaust?
    ===========================<br />1995 Green Firebird 3.4L V6<br />160 degree thermostat<br />4 - American Eagle 077 Polished 17\" wheels<br />4 - Kumho 711 245/45/17 tires<br />Pioneer DEH-7300 Deck<br />Pioneer GM-X564 480 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier<br />4 - Pioneer TS-A1795 6.5\" speakers<br />2 - Pioneer TS-W3041DVC<br />12\" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers in custom box<br />============================

actually it hasn't been done because f-body's have single exhaust. I guess if somebody wanted they could have totally custom made true duals made up with an x pipe but because the undercarriage space is tight on our cars its not the most functional and a waste when a single exhaust is enough for most cars.
    John -Acrophobic V6 racing-<br />\"Yeah, its a Z28, I just removed 1/4 of the engine to save weight.\"

Comment

I agree that a single is enough, especially for a v6, but i haven't even heard of it being done on t/a's... i guess it just leads back to the lack of room...
      ===========================<br />1995 Green Firebird 3.4L V6<br />160 degree thermostat<br />4 - American Eagle 077 Polished 17\" wheels<br />4 - Kumho 711 245/45/17 tires<br />Pioneer DEH-7300 Deck<br />Pioneer GM-X564 480 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier<br />4 - Pioneer TS-A1795 6.5\" speakers<br />2 - Pioneer TS-W3041DVC<br />12\" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers in custom box<br />============================

Comment

i saw it on an SS. it wasn't an X pipe though. it was a H pipe. someone posted the picture of it and said that everyone needed this.
        \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

It can be done, it just wouldnt be very smart because of hte clearance, ive seen a X-pipe on a TA, it looked really good on the lift but on the ground it was too low,

If you decide to put true duals, you need 2-2.25" pipes and no larger,
          <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

on www.projecttransam.com there is way to make a ghetto h-pipe. basically you connect a 1inch piece of pipe feom the inlet part of the muffler to the pipe that goes over the rear axle. it's supppose to reduce backpressure but not all so you have that low-end torque
            97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

True dual exhaust is a waste on the V6 f-body. I have personally heard one and it sounds like crap. You get less clearance in an already low car. Plus, a single 3'' pipe will outflow a pair of 2.5s.

Comment

Here are some pics of an X-pipe setup on an LS1. I have heard clips on a V8, and that sounds great, but never heard it on a V6.

X Pipe

Dual Exhaust

Rear View

Comment

Thanks for the pics... that car must be loud as HELL...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Backfire:
                    Here are some pics of an X-pipe setup on an LS1. I have heard clips on a V8, and that sounds great, but never heard it on a V6.

X Pipe

Dual Exhaust

Rear View
                    <hr></blockquote>

Holy crap that is fackin' LOW! :eek: god forbid a speedbump lol
                    Project: _*_*_*Knight Ryder*_*_*_<p>2000 Black chevy camaro<br />3.8L v6, AT, t-tops<br />borla adj. catback, gutted cat converter w/O2 sim, whisper intake lid, K&N filter, SLP ram air kit, 160 thermo, JET stage 2 chip, eibach pro kit springs, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, custom red and black interior<br />14.95 seconds at 90mph in the 1/4 <br />So much Rice...So little time :D:D:D<p><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com\\camarokidd10\" target=\"_blank\">www.geocities.com\\camarokidd10</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X