Anyone have a sound clip of their 3.8L w/ Z28 catback exhaust? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a sound clip of their 3.8L w/ Z28 catback exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a sound clip of their 3.8L w/ Z28 catback exhaust?

Just curious, my Dad's got his take off exhaust hanging in the garage, so I want to see what this would sound like. I'll probably take it to the shop and get them to weld it on and put quad tips on it.
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

up
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

someone must.

Comment

idle
        idle w/ rev

99 3.8 stock internals, stock manifolds, stock y-pipe, Gutted cat, 3 inch S-pipe, take-off z28 catback.
        Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
        "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
        http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

hey that sounds really good while idling but would headers eliminate the i guess u could call it "ricey" sound when the rpms are high?

Comment

headers will take care of alot of that, at least it did for me anyway... and that did sound great.... could you tell a big difference when you gutted the cat??????
            1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

Comment

what sounds better, a gutted cat or a high flo?

Comment

I have some clips of my exhaust- its a ws-6 exhaust, which is probably similar, if not the same thing.
                Cutout Open
                Cutout Closed

[ January 14, 2004: Message edited by: Riles ]</p>
                All gone :(<br />Best ET ever: 14.3 (I think)<br />----------------------------<br />Check out my site for exhaust clips, burnouts, and pictures, and the supercharger throttle body mod.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/net_addict/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Click on the Firebird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X