catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catback

I hear the term thrown around a lot and i always just figured that a catback is a new exaust system from the catylitic converter back? Since I allready have a flowmaster 40 muffler, could i just get a new highflow cat and wouldnt that be pretty much the same as a full catback exaust?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

No, you'd need the pipes...cat-back exhaust doesn't include the cat itself. You can add a new I-pipe and that would be...a catback.

Comment

I pipe? I guess thats the pipe from the cat to the muffler?

also where could i get one? how much?

[ April 19, 2002: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

its not just the I-Pipe....

most catbacks come with the I-pipe and a pipe that goes over the rear axel and then back down.

At least that is what my Edelbrock Catback has...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:
          I hear the term thrown around a lot and i always just figured that a catback is a new exaust system from the catylitic converter back?<hr></blockquote>

You are correct.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Since I allready have a flowmaster 40 muffler, could i just get a new highflow cat and wouldnt that be pretty much the same as a full catback exaust? <hr></blockquote>

The main difference is most pre-fabbed catback's include larger size pipping. So w/o changing the exhaust between the cat and the muffler. You would still have the "bottle neck" of the 2.25 inch stock exhaust Intermediate pipe. But you will see a small gain from switching to a High Flow Cat.
          Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
          "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
          http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X