upgrading pipe diameter help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading pipe diameter help please

Hey whats going on. Ne ways to the point I have stock exhuast pipe diameter all the way back with no cat and a dynomax super turbo muffler. Would going to a bigger pipe diameter help my performance out at all? Any HP gains or anything?What is the stock pipe diameter and what should i go to for the best gain

The stock diamater from the cat all the way back is 2.25inchs.. I have 3 inch all the way back for mainly the sound..I have headers, Catco Cat, and full 3inch exaust with a flowmaster and probably only gained 10hp..The reason I did the whole exaust is because of the sound and I have a power adder like you and you will see the true benifits when you spray ..
    Jeff ..
    1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
    2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
    1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
    http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

So do you think from going from 2.25 to 2.5 or 2.75 will not help that or is is worth it?

Comment

I would get the 2.75" pipe off a V8 fbody. It's alot cheaper.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

I had a 2.5inch catback on my car and it sounded good but It is what was on the car when Bought it.. I dont know what gains it gave.. I just put the 3inch I pipe on it Friday and man it is a lot deeper and dosnt feel Like I gained anything or lost any torque from it.. I had the Headers, Cat and 3inch s pipe on it for about a month now and yester completed the 3inch exaust system.. I say go for 3inch.. You will like the whisper lid too.. The way I see it 3inch pipes alow max flow for the exaust.. Max flow meaning more power.. Get the 2 45degree 3 inch spipes and a 3 inch I pipe with either 2.75 or 3inch tail pipes with 3 1/2 inch tips and you will be straight.. all that should be anywhere from 180.00-200.00 dollars including labor.. You migh as well get the best flowing exaust now or you will be kicking yourself down the road.. After all that get a 3inch in 3inch out Catco and finnally Headers..
          Jeff ..

Comment

I got a 3inch madrel bent I pipe for 60.00 dollars from flowmaster.. the exaust shop ordered it for me and it was there in about 30 min..
            Jeff ..

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 1998silverbird:
              I got a 3inch madrel bent I pipe for 60.00 dollars from flowmaster.<hr></blockquote>
              That's a pretty good deal, but is it mandrel bent?

Comment

I think you could've answered that question yourself if you read the quote you took from him ;)
                \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rick M.:
                  I think you could've answered that question yourself if you read the quote you took from him ;) <hr></blockquote>
                  Lol.Oops! [img]redface.gif[/img] Disregard silverbird..

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:

Lol.Oops! [img]redface.gif[/img] Disregard silverbird..
                    <hr></blockquote>

op, time to break out the [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] cap. :D

J/k, I do that all the time [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

so I guess it is a worth investment to go 2.5 to 3 huh

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by satellite98:

op, time to break out the [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] cap. :D

J/k, I do that all the time [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        <hr></blockquote>

Doh! I thought that was a party hat! I feel really dumb now.... lol
                        1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X