free ram air price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free ram air price

is it worth it for me to do it myself or pay someone $25 to do it?

i don't know, but the title makes an excellent oxymoron [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

lol true...hopefully it will get people's attention because I'm about to rip it open later tonight and hope I don't mess it up. I have a race at outlaws with a buddy of mine sunday so I need this done asap. Worse case scenario I pay friday for someone to do it for me

Comment

Nooo don't pay, it's sooo easy, just use the guide from www.installuniversity.com and save yourself $25 bucks.
        1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

Ahh... sounds like a business opportunity to me. Of course I'll have to rename it The $25 Ram Air Mod! :D
          \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Do it yourself.
            Go to the install university link.
            If you pay someone $25 to do the free ram air mod doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

true. Just one question...what can I use to cut the plastic. I don't have access to anything other than a razor blade. HELP PLEASE. Plus will this mod cause problems with sucking up water?

being in college kinda limits me to the resources that I have around me

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

I did mine for about $2......
                Aluminum flashing, sheetmetal screws....

I cut mine out with a Skil Saw, that also to cut the air dam in front of it

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
                  true. Just one question...what can I use to cut the plastic. I don't have access to anything other than a razor blade. HELP PLEASE. Plus will this mod cause problems with sucking up water?

being in college kinda limits me to the resources that I have around me
                  <hr></blockquote>

A razor blade should work fine for the soft plastic shroud over the radiator. The airbox will be a PITA to cut with a razor blade. I used a jigsaw on both of the cars I did this to (which is the proper tool to use). I guess you can try scoring it with the razor blade, then bending/breaking off the plastic.
                  Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I'd have to suggest a utility knife or a cheap hacksaw that only has a handle on one end and only holds the blade on the end. Either of those is less than $5 and come in very handy when in college specially if your an architecture student.
                    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

The saw with a handle on one end works great. Make the 2 short cuts with it. Then, if you have a box cutter or x-acto knife, you can probably get away with scoring the long cut and snap the whole piece out.

First I took a drill to the corners, so I didn't have to match the cuts exactly, and to avoid having a 90 degree corner that could crack later. Not essential, especially if you don't have a drill...
                      \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

well the saw was impossible to cut across with. I cut down the 4 sides and i just can't get the ends...oh well...for easter I'm heading back home where my father has a dremel that he said I can use. That should take the ***** off in no time. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll get that done friday...just in time for my sunday race. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

well the saw was impossible to cut across with. I cut down the 4 sides and i just can't get the ends...oh well...for easter I'm heading back home where my father has a dremel that he said I can use. That should take the bit_h off in no time. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll get that done friday...just in time for my sunday race. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

i, uh, used a steak knife i found in the kitchen to cut the piece from the radiator shroud. just keep some sand paper handy because it's kinda hard to get it straight.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X