X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which offers bigger gains?

Lid + K&N + Cold Air or Catback

On a 01 3.8 Camaro

Lid + K&N + Cold Air (SLP ram air I imagine?)

Comment

you think so? I'd say catback because my first mod was loudmouth and I noticed a big gain and the lid (w/K&N) was next and I didn't notice nearly as big of a gain.
      \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

Hmm, I got the Magnaflow and didn't notice a huge gain. Then again, I did have an aftermarket (very cheap style) exhaust before the Magnaflow and had never driven it stock. So, maybe you're right. I'm just going by heresay because I've heard the lid and SLP are real noticeable...

Comment

I'd think the Catback and Lid are the 2 best combo of those...

Comment

It's hard to say which is better because they both compliment each other. I haven't done a cat-back yet, but planning on it very soon.
            2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

get exhaust. That will cost about 400 bucks or so.
              then get a K and N filter and spend 3 bucks on free smooth lid mod and smooth bellows mod. If you still want to by a whisper lid and or cold air induction you still can once your bank account recharges, but in the meantime modding thestock air box is nearly free and yields nice results.
              01 Firebird A4 3.42
              Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
              and other mods
              Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

i just put the magnaflow catback exhaust and gutted my airbox and stuff....deff. noticed a huge difference and pulls harder!
                Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

yep I did the same thing only I've got a loudmouth ordered... I took out all the air baffles in the lid and then cut out the plastic in the air box for the free ram air mod... I had a 2 degree temp. drop that's constant and some noticable top end pull

Comment

kick me if you wish, but what is a lid?
                    \'97 Candy Red Camaro RS

Comment

The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

Originally posted by captainobvious:
                        kick me if you wish, but what is a lid?
                        on the 98-02, the air intake is different from your 97...its mounted in the front, right under the hood...its basically a box, with a lid on top of it that connects to the TB....the stock "lid" is very airflow restrictive.
                        Slick - US Military - overseas. <br />\'01 Pewter Firebird \'Vert<br />SLP CAI, MSD coils/cables, Whisper lid, Pacesetter Headers, Borla 3\", Catco 3\" cat, K&N filter, Intense Racing PCM, Lakewood LCAs,180 TBI--&gt; BMR PHR, ZT LSD, Motive 3.42s, FFF Turbo

Comment

Personally, go with the Catback first...but I like the 3" version, and get a 3" cat to go with it....Then, go get the Whisper lid and filter...after geting that, go SLP Cold Air....then feel the pull...then get gutsy, and get headers. Now you will be sucking in alot more air, with smoother flow and decent back pressure.

btw if you get headers, get them coated...and get angled plug wires that dont touch the tubes!!
                          Slick - US Military - overseas. <br />\'01 Pewter Firebird \'Vert<br />SLP CAI, MSD coils/cables, Whisper lid, Pacesetter Headers, Borla 3\", Catco 3\" cat, K&N filter, Intense Racing PCM, Lakewood LCAs,180 TBI--&gt; BMR PHR, ZT LSD, Motive 3.42s, FFF Turbo

Comment

If I purchase the SLP Cold Air Induction Package, is it still necessary to purchase the Fast Toys SLP Cold Air Upgrade Kit? I thought I heard somewhere that I need to upgrade the CAI to ram air.

Comment

I know it isn't an option up there but honestly if you give me a little bit of money since you seem conserend with money i will make you an intake like i have. The intake that i have works like a charm, you get a much better sound, a NOTICIBLE increase in power, and better gas milage. The intake is well worth it, looking back on it if it would have cost 500 bucks for me to make i would have done it, if you are intrested i will see how much it will cost me to get for you, it will be under 100 for sure man. Ask goldburg on this board, he has a 98 with auto intake and exhaust and i have a manual with just intake, and i was able to take him. I am just saying it is a good intake and it really helps.
                              I am singing its praises cause of how much i love it, i will even send you reciepts to show you i am not making money off of you if you want, i just want you to know that i am only trying to help you out with your car, this mod is great for those of us trying to save money, i can send you pictures too.
                              This way you can have intake and exhuast.
                              2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X