NEW STUFF FROM SUMMIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW STUFF FROM SUMMIT

As I was flipping through my new summit catalog today, I found some new parts that might be of interest to some of you.....check this out:

KNN-57-3022 1998-2000 Camaro/Firebird K&N FILTERCHARGER.....listed for LS1 engines but should fit the V6 just as well
    307.95 from summit.

CEI-102017 1991-1999 GM(sorry 2000+guys)
    Throttle response controller, basically just tricks the CPU into thinking your at full throttle when your 70% on the throttle.....take some hesitation out of mashing it!
    89.95 from summit

1999 Chevrolet Camaro
    Hugger Orange w/ Black racing stripes
    3.8L
    K&N Air Filter
    SLP Cold Air
    Whisper Airbox Lid
    High Flo Cat
    Edelbrock Cat-Back Exhaust
    Hurst Billet Plus Shifter w Short Stick
    Jet Stage II chip
    Hypertech 160 thermostat

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99huggerorange:

CEI-102017 1991-1999 GM(sorry 2000+guys)
    Throttle response controller, basically just tricks the CPU into thinking your at full throttle when your 70% on the throttle.....take some hesitation out of mashing it!
    89.95 from summit
    <hr></blockquote>

Umm sorry to burst your bubble but thats throttle response controller is also known as Casper TPS enhancer which only applies for all v6s that have cable controlled throttle bodies. 93-98's ;)

Comment

Any opinions on the Throttle response controller?

99huggerorange, How do you like your Edelbrock Cat-Back? I'm looking for something mellow, but louder then stock. I've been thinking of Edelbrock or DynoMax.
      1995 Z28, 5.7L, M6<br />- No Mods yet<br /><br />1996 Camaro, 3.8L, M5 (selling)<br />- SLP CAI

Comment

The TPS Tech thingy won't help you at the track at all. It will give you more performance when accelerating at 70% throttle and above but no difference at 100%...

What will happen is instead of the PCM trying to compensate for a 14.7:1 fuel economic load using the o2's, it will see that its WOT and will shoot for a 13.1:1 (not sure exact #) load which will make more power but be less fuel economic.

So basically it will put the car into power enrichment mode sooner.

- Keith
        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
          which will make more power but be less fuel economic.

So basically it will put the car into power enrichment mode sooner.

<hr></blockquote>

O.k. so this is still good right, b/c running the vehicle in the power enrichment mode is better performance wise? And if so than why won't it improve track times? Sorry keith, i'm just alittle confused? trying to understand this concept. thanks
          -phil
          <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

i have the TPS thingy on my car and the only reason i have it is cause i have a wet kit on my car and it gives me better peace of mind cause at 70% throttle i'm really at 100% or something like that and you all know that it's bad to run lean when hitting the jucie..
            97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Night Rider:

O.k. so this is still good right, b/c running the vehicle in the power enrichment mode is better performance wise? And if so than why won't it improve track times? Sorry keith, i'm just alittle confused? trying to understand this concept. thanks
              -phil
              <hr></blockquote>

basically he's saying that 100% throttle is still 100% throttle it would already be in enrichment mode then anyway so there is no performance increase. this thing makes it appear to the computer that it's at 100% throttle when it's really at 70% so puttin around town at 70% throttle will give you better performance then normal.
              i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

So it only adjusts fuel mixture and not timing?
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Well if you think about it it will give a a SLIGHT advantage at the track. It will make the computer think your at WOT when your only at %70 and that time that it takes your foot to get from 70 to 100 throtllte is taken out. Seems kinda stretchin it but i think thats what summit is claiming.... i dont agree w/ it but thats what its saying [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X