anyone run an open lid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone run an open lid?

i got bored today and took off that rubber part that connects the lid to the throttle body. drove around the block and makes a nice sucking, whistling sound like a turbo. i have half the MAF screen. we'll see how it goes today. also am going to try to find some PVC piping or something to bridge that gap and make it a straight shot in.

Scott

Get you a 3 inch PVC coupler. That is all you need and you can remove the silencer.
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

I already have no silencers. I'm talking about with my whisper lid. There is an acual space between it and the throttle body right now.

Scott

Comment

what about the IAT? is it plugged into the lid? doesnt it need air flowing past it? I assume you aren't filtering your air now - since it isnt going through the filter...
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Put the lid back on & get a piece of hose to connect the airbox to the TB. If you're just running it without the hose that connects to the TB, you're accomplishing nothing-unless you just like the sound.
          2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

After today, i've realized that this is pretty pointless. The IAT sensor was still plugged in lol, i didn't really know what to do with that. I'm gonna get a peice of pipe to connect it back together. It had a pretty crappy idle, which i never noticed whenever you took off the MAF screen, since everyone else had that problem, but oh well. Worth a shot i guess!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X