Whisper LID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whisper LID

Ok I have a question for anyone out there who would happen to know this.

Will a Clear MTI Lid made for the v8s fit on the v6's or do i have to get a whisper lid? Cuase I really love the clear lid made by MTI!!
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

Depends on what model year you have ... I know the 98's have an off-center lid "outlet" :mad: :mad: and in this case it won't work.
    associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

SON OF A *****, thats just my luck. man that is crap, cuase i have a 98 firebird and I want taht clear lid. Now i gotta settle for a crappy black one with 3800 II on it, wow im so excited
      bleh!
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

Comment

Get a G2 lid ... they have real nice white G2 letterd on the black lid. Check out the pic of my lid in the lounge under "more venom pics" topic (not a close-up !!). [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: MidLifeSpeed ]</p>
        associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

It wouldn't fit if you had a 99+ anyway. The lids for LS1s have the pipe centered while the 3.8s are offset slightly to the right.

Comment

get a carbon fiber lid like me they are pimp tight hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sure the v6 lids are off center and the clear lid wont directly fit but im sure with slight modification and some extra tubing it will be possible right?

Comment

Extra tubing defeats the purpose unless the bend radii are large enough to not add restriction to the airflow ... 'specially with the 98's because the TB is angled to the driver's side and down :mad: I can't even find anything to replace the d*mn dryer vent hose I have with my lid now !!

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: MidLifeSpeed ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X