Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light and High flow cat's

Will I get one when I replace my cat with a mor-flow 3" cat

I have it! [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] Replaced my O2 sensors w/ O2 simms and still shows! Its not throwing the same code though.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xms:
      Will I get one when I replace my cat with a mor-flow 3" cat <hr></blockquote>

Mine comes & goes. I'm gona try closing off the air inlet tube, & replacing my o2 sensors to see if that helps. But you get used to it after awhile :(
      <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

So I can't replace my cat with a high flow one without getting the light?

Comment

Will someone please answer asap! I'm having one put on today and I don't want ti throwing a code, even if it doesnt do anything!!!
          2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
            Will someone please answer asap! I'm having one put on today and I don't want ti throwing a code, even if it doesnt do anything!!!<hr></blockquote>

Yes you will get a SES light if you replace your stock cat with a high flow one. Your o2's aren''t made to handle that much flow and cannot give a proper reading :D
            97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

Arg!! Damnit!! Thanks for the fast response RedBird! I appreciate it.

Just one question though - what can I do so the cat will work?
              Ive heard of people using 02 Simms, but will that cure the SES light?
              2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
                Arg!! Damnit!! Thanks for the fast response RedBird! I appreciate it.

Just one question though - what can I do so the cat will work?
                Ive heard of people using 02 Simms, but will that cure the SES light?
                <hr></blockquote>

I am not sure, I just got my sims in the mail yesterday but I have no cat so I am not sure it will stop the dreaded glow of the SES light. If not I am going to buy a new cat because I cannot stand the light being on :mad: it drives me crazy [img]tongue.gif[/img] but from what I have heard it will go out with the sims
                97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

I've had a 3" hi-flow cat on my ride since Feb 01 and have never thrown an SES ! Running with original O2's ... not simms. I know of no reason for the hi-flow cat to throw SES unless maybe the cat doesn't have enough catalyst volume for the flow ...
                  associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MidLifeSpeed:
                    I've had a 3" hi-flow cat on my ride since Feb 01 and have never thrown an SES ! Running with original O2's ... not simms. I know of no reason for the hi-flow cat to throw SES unless maybe the cat doesn't have enough catalyst volume for the flow ...<hr></blockquote>

90% of the time it will throw a code do to higher flow of exhaust that the o2's can't handle. You may have just got lucky or maybe it will throw it after you said that, did ya knock on some wood after posting :D LOL. Anyway the light doesn't hurt anything it is just annoying as HELL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

yaah ... knock on wood :D
                      associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

just my $.02 the stock cat will flow enough for the V6. you may lose a horse or two from it but you will from any cat. i think the better way to go is get the 3in. to 2.25in. reducer cut off and have a 3" s-pipe put in it's place. i think a high flow cat is a waste of money.
                        i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

Deuce, I think it all depends on the setup.

My current setup, NA.. I did track testing.

3" CatCo cat.. 14.8's@87
                          2.5" Off-Road Pipe.. 14.7's@88
                          Open Y-Pipe... 14.5's@90

I did 3 runs of each.. then after I went through my set I putt back on the off-road pipe, made 2 runs.. then took it off.. ran 1 run open y-pipe NA.. then used juice to run 12's.

Testing had almost identical 60's.

I also ran 14.2 with open exuast (no backpressure).

With manuals, it may be different. Mike Huff was telling me that he lost ET in the 1/4 when he opened his cutout.

- Keith
                          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

dosnt stefan have 3" all the way back? does anyone know if his throws codes? and if your gonna get a SC stefan said the 3" elimnated the dipstick blow out.

Comment

Magnus: ok i'll amend. IMHO a highflow is worthless. either offroad pipe or stock and 3" s-pipe. later, i'm still gonna get flanges put on both sides and an off road pipe with flanges so they will just be interchangeable. that will be after some form of forced induction. on my car i think i have the best setup right now. as soon as i clean the maf and change the plugs and wires i'll redyno and i'm really hoping to see close to if not 200 rwhp before any sort of tuning even though i'm about to order the MAFT+

stefan is running a full 3" exhaust and i think he may still be having a problem with his cat. :wink::wink:

i'm also running a full 3" exhaust. CIA headers, stock cat opened to 3", 3" s-pipe, and 3" borla cat-back with the full blocking plate so it basically became a single in/out for me, but i tried opening it up and there was a noticable difference in powerloss.
                              i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X