Homemade air scoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade air scoop

I have the K&N CAI and I kept the bottom plastic cover off of the car underneath (the part you take off to install the filter) I noticed a pretty good difference leaving this off, more air is coming up in through the filter. Would anyone suggest the homemade scoop for underneath that brings air directly through the filter??? Also, is there any elbow for sale that doesn't have as many baffle/ridges as the stock elbow going onto the TB? Thanks a bunch!
    1999 Black Trans Am A4<br /> <br />-Flowmaster with Flowtech Cutout <br />-SLP Lid <br />-SLP MAF <br />-Ported Heads, hardened pushrods<br />-Diable Sport Programming<br />-18\' ZO6 Polished rims

I too am looking to change how constricting that ridged arm is. I also opened up that plastic door,(though i don't have the cai)i have seen no problems with excessive dirt, and besides that is what the filter is for right. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    231 (3.8L to those of you who don\'t like cubic inches) Silver Camaro<br />80 series flowmaster<br />k&n air filter<p>\"if it is good enough for the general, then it is good enough for me\"

Comment

I put a scoop under the car to direct air to the filter. I used a dryer vent 4" by 3" with a screen in it to keep big stuff from clogging up the hole. Then I took some 4" flex dryer vent tubbing and ran it from the scoop and connected it to the filter. I have a huge cone filter so it is open at the bottom. Made the CAI and everything for about $50 and all parts came from Home Depot :D
      97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

I also have the home depot mod.
        I removed that black plastic piece and cut a hole in it.
        I went to the air conditioning section and bought a piece of a/c ducting. Metal 45 degree to 45 degree bend for a total of 90 degrees or just a plain right angle with 2 smaller bends.
        There should be a pic in the link in my sig.
        It does work 80 mph and above.
        130+ it is great [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X