IAT mod revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAT mod revisited

I had an idea for this IAT mod that has so much debate... I hear that it's mostly useless except at WOT.

If you could somehow detect WOT, maybe you could put a DPDT relay on it. You know, like a window switch for Nitrous, but without a shut-off at high RPM's.

Is there a wire that is hot only when WOT is true?

If that is the case, the resistor could be put in line only when that wire is hot. (Bypassed otherwise)

Would it work?

-Brian
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

why do this when you only are getting, at most, 3 additional degrees of ign timing advance at 2800 rpm under no load... this means that when you put a load on the engine (even moderate load like accelerating from a stop on level asphault) the pcm will automatically get rid of this extra timing advance to prevent detonation.

plus its really not a good idea to run a manual switch through a pcm sensor circuit, especially a 2-wire thermistor circuit like the iat. you'd want a diode in between 5+ at switch and pcm to prevent possible damage to pcm. the switch plus the diode would add excessive resistance to the sensor circuit...

i mean, in theory it could work.... if it was worth all the trouble. everyone agrees that this mod does very little, if anything, to improve what you get out of the rear wheels. there is no evidence in theory or in practice that the iat mod would harm the engine in any way. its just not worth doing, really. especially paying more than $1 for.
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

I did it to my car...and my OBD-2 cable came in the other day...so im gonna make a few runs with my car and see what the diff is....k ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

i installed it at the track and i saw no difference what so ever, its a waste of money and time dont even bother with it, i also used different resistor types(7.7k, 5.7k, and 8.?k)i didnt notice much if any difference, but i guess the only real test on the dyno....
        Street Lethal Performance<br />2000 Black Firebird Y87<br />3.42\'s, Torsen Limited Slip, 160 powerstat,<br />Manual Fan Switch, Cutout exhaust, Whisper Ram Air CAI,<br />K&N filter, Zex spark plugs, MSD plug wires, MAF screen removed.<p>AIM: FIREBIRDRUMBLE00<br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethalperformance.com/profiles/gazmentselman/gazmentselman.html\" target=\"_blank\">Street Lethal Performance Profile</a>

Comment

orrr its a waste and dont worry about it lol
          2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X