Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a hooker

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Yep, got myself a Hooker Aero Chamber muffler. Just thought I'd post my comments on it since I've seen people asking how it sounds and no one seemed to know how it sounds on a V6.

Basically at idle, it's a little bit louder than stock but with a low throaty sound. As you range through the RPMs it just gets louder and louder. It doesn't sound ricey at all, and I find that at around 3-4k RPM it has a nice agressive sound (kind of a hollowish sound, like you would hear on a 5 liter mustang). It sounds a tad bit ricey up at 5-5.5K RPM but it's nothing to complain about. I was pretty surprised that it sounded as good as it does, especially since I'm just running the muffler on stock piping. Maybe having the 3.4L has something to do with it though.

My only complaint about it is the lack of sound level. It does get fairly loud (especially at WOT), but I would have liked it to be a little louder throughout the lower RPM range.

All in all, it's a good bang for the buck exhaust.

My .02
    1994 3.4L M5 Bright Red Camaro <p>NGK G-Power<br />Accel 8.8mm<br />Hooker Aero Chamber Exhaust<br />GM 160a Alternator<br />Phoenix Gold Deep Cycle Battery<br />Clarion DRX6575z<br />US Acoustics 2100<br />ESX Quantum 2751<br />Infinity Reference 6.5\" Comp Set w/ Modified Xovers<br />(2) MTX 5000 15\"<br />Wiring by Arc Audio

I hear ya. I have one myself and think its sweet. Especially the rumble it does when you get it upto like 3500-4000rpms & then let off the gas while still in gear. And the price is not bad. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    1997 Red M5 3.8, 3.23 Gears<br /><b>Performance Mods:</b><br />SLP CAI, RKSport Headers, 3\" Catco Cat, 3\" Cut-Out, SLP S-Pipe, 3\"I-Pipe & over-axle (Custom from shop), Hooker Headers Muffler, Hooker Header Tips.<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/redrider45\" target=\"_blank\"><b>My Ride</b></a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X