X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw this on ebay... hoax or not ???

saw this for sale on ebay.. check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...325025&r=0&t=0

what do you guys think... [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] or [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    2006 Mustang Premium GT - Legendary Green - LLR#00321
    Tint: %5 Rear/Louver & %35 doors, BBK CAI w/Brenspeed XCALII tune, Sill inserts,
    Shorty Antenna, Billet Locks, JBA Exhaust- The quest continues

It's just a simple resistor that you can buy from Radio Shack for about 10 cents. He's just trying to make money from people that don't know much at all.

Matt
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Yup, just a resistor
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

a resistor adds 10 hp, how does that work and is it worth it?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fbody4life:
          a resistor adds 10 hp, how does that work and is it worth it?<hr></blockquote>

It's [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Don't believe everything you read..

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

This has been answered a thousand times. It's actually a personal pet peeve of mine, because not only do friggin' IDIOTS bid on these, but they'll bid and outbid each other ... It is a resistor you can buy at radio shack for $0.25, and will slightly advance timing, but is not exactly worth it.
            -Rob
            <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

you havent seen this mod yet? ok Ill explain...the air sensor..I keep forgettin the friggin name..anyways tells the car what temperature the air is coming in at...duh..and the cars computer adjusts the timing, fuel ratio, etc. accordingly...we all know our cars run better with colder air...so does your car...so it gives more fuel and advances your spark...so you get more horsepower...putting a 4.7k 1/2 OHm resistor will make your car think the air coming in is 57 degrees...the one SLP makes makes your car think the air is like 32 or something...anyways people have said they lost performance with it...my odb-2 comes in a few days and I will be able to tell you how it affected my car, cause i have it done...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
              05' CTS-V
              00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

so then the worst thing that happens is you get double your money back if you arent faster in the 1/4 with it. someone should go for it i mean you will get back twice as much money so you wont be losing anything.

Comment

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

The PCM only reads the IAT output signal during "cold" starts and at WOT.

This "mod" only has a "performance" advantage at WOT on HOT days. If you use it in cold weather the PCM will think the air is warmer than it is and LEAN the engine.
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Needless to say, this is crap and definatley not worth the $10 the guy is asking. I would be interested to see if he would actually give me double my money back like he claims.
                    -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

He would have to or its a form of false advertisement

Comment

Are you really going to track him down and take him to court over 20 bucks? :rolleyes:
                        - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

No, but it would be worth it for the principle of the matter, not just the $20 bucks. The trick would be to get 2 people to bid on it up to like $100 and then demand double your money back.

That'll teach him to rip people off.
                          -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

how would this make your car run crappier in hotter weather?
                            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

This topic is rediculous, read FirebirdGT's response and do a search.

Its a worthless mod and the people on eBay are ripping you off.

End of story. [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X