Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Ls1 exhaust

how would this do in our cars?
    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Depends on which system it is as there are several factory "Ls1" exhaust systems from either chevy or SLP.

But, no matter, they generally are a good upgrade for the money since the V6 isn't gonna see much improvement other than sound and aesthetics in an exhaust system.
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
      Depends on which system it is as there are several factory "Ls1" exhaust systems from either chevy or SLP.

But, no matter, they generally are a good upgrade for the money since the V6 isn't gonna see much improvement other than sound and aesthetics in an exhaust system.
      <hr></blockquote>

Didn't you do exhaust on your v6?
      I got much better gas mileage and top end out of my WS6 exhaust.
      www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DrSquirts:

Didn't you do exhaust on your v6?
        I got much better gas mileage and top end out of my WS6 exhaust.
        <hr></blockquote>

Yea, I was just saying that its better to put your money into a cheaper slightly used 'LS1' exhaust system rather than dump $3-700 for no more than any full exhaust system is really gonna do for you in the power department. I loved my SS exhaust system though as it did not only look better and sound better, but also mileage and top end power did improve. Just enough to warrant the price that was paid for it (actually mine was the SLP add on and I got it free off mom's SS :-P
        2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

so would there actually be a power difference between a 3 inch borla catback and that ls1 exhaust?

I know the borla would last longer, the ls1 exhaust looks beat up
          ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jc Kyle:
            so would there actually be a power difference between a 3 inch borla catback and that ls1 exhaust?

I know the borla would last longer, the ls1 exhaust looks beat up
            <hr></blockquote>

Ask around first before buying a borla exhaust. I read somewhere here that some members weren't too happy with their borla setup.

-Marc
            sigpic

Comment

i have borla cat back on my 3.8 series II and im very happy with it, plus its adjustable, i have it going straight out right now which kicks *** top end, but you can put a filter in it to tune it if you want more back pressure, (better off-the-line accel.)

I've had flowmasters, thats all i can compair, and id take my borla system over it, im extremly happy with it [img]smile.gif[/img]
              1999 3.8L v6 Firebird (Amy)<br />borla cat-back, ws6 ram air hood with airbox sitting in garage, SLP: fan control switch, strut tower brace, subframe connectors, and zexel torsen lsd.<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sibble99fbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sibble99fbird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X