Different o2 sensor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different o2 sensor question

Well, my other thread went off in another direction so... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I replaced the bad o2 sensor today. I put in my old stocker, worked fine a month ago when i took it out...at least it never shot a code.

It's not reading anything either. It's a constant 438mv doesn't move just like the fried one.

Here's the scoop. Custom turbo header, the o2 is further away than the stocker so i had to splice in extension wires... reads fine on the line tester... didn't check voltage, just whether there was a signal.

Doesn't read anything.

How do you test an o2 sensor? It could have gone bad, but it was just sitting for the last 3 weeks.. i didnt' do anything to kill it.
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Fixed. One of the four wires wasn't soldered proper... fixed it...working great [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now to boost [img]smile.gif[/img]
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

in case anyone comes looking for the answer to a similar question, you can buy sensor testers at autozone or a similar parts store. you just set them up for their o2 sensor settings, the settings will be in the manual, then you heat the tip of the sensor with a torch and it shoulg read up and down on the tester almost immediately as you put the flame over the tip.

if it does this its almost definitely good. it works a lot better than trying to check it through the car's computer.

if it reads rich and lean at once its definitely bad, and if it takes a long time to move its probably bad. if it still seems to work fine after testing it hold the torch on it for about 3 or 4 minutes, try not to make the tip glow, and see if the connection dies. some times the heat causes the connections to go bad when it gets hot.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X