I need help from yall smarties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help from yall smarties

Ok yesterday I found out where that extremly anyoing exshaust leak noise. I had me header y-pipe flanges welded and the noise was still there. So I poped the hood and had my dad rev up the engine while I was under the hood and I found that the EGR where it bolts up to the headers is leaking like a train wistle. I tried taking it off and fitting it down in there better but nothing changed. So what can I do.
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

TTT
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

If you're talking about that little medal piece that goes into the drivers side header than it might be bent and in that case you'll probably need a medal tube. Who put your headers in? You might want to bring this up with them. Putting that medal tube back in isn't the easiest job, if you don't know how to do it correctly I'm sure a wrongful and harmful idea could be conjured up. You might be able to bend it back if it is bent, so if in the case try that. And when you put it back on do with a screwdriver, start by having it lined up the best you can, you should be able to get it just in the the hole. Then, take the flathead and line it up and push it in. It's still going to be difficult but I believe this is the most safe and efficient way of doing this.

A second thing, you welded your y pipe to your header, I certainly hope you don't plan on taking the heads off. You might want to try relocating the flanges to a spot before the cat. I don't know what kind of headers you have but for the RK Sport headers the y-pip slides into itself. If that is the case than maybe you could cut the rest of the pipe off that goes inside the other pipe and have the flanges there, this is my plan.
      1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

I tried that and I tried even makeing a gasket for it but nothing so I am going to have it Tact in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X