wisper lid is going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wisper lid is going crazy

i installed a wisper lid and K&N filter last wensday now its ideling around 2OOO RMS it usally is around 1OOO is this normal also the SES light went on this weekend it went back to 1OOO today for like 1O min and now its back up whats going on is this normal

Make sure everything is tight and you re conncted all sensors!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

everything is down and tight as it can be the lil sensor thing that goes in the lid doesnt really fit as far in as it did on the pipe maybe i should try to push it it more will that help

Comment

It sounds like your IAT is the problem. You need to make sure that it is fit properly, and turned the right direction for good measure. In order to get mine to fit well, I had to shave the hole in the Whisper Lid to a slightly greater diameter. While you're at it, make sure you have the rubber boot fully on the throttle body and the metal band tightened securely.

Comment

oh alright, which way should the little thing be facing to get a good reading?

Comment

With the little clip facing up.
            1998 Red Firebird A4 3.8L (3.08)<br />Dynomax bullet then dumped, Carsound cat, NGKTR55 plugs, Taylor Pro 8mm, Hypertech 160*, Whisper Lid, k&n,!FRA, Lifted Airbox<br />(2) Audiobahn 10\" subs<br /> Sony Xplod MP3 Head unit/interchangeable Color Display

Comment

ok i think everything is fine wiht it now i just have to make it fit into the tiny little rubber thing which is way too small! :mad:

Comment

hockeyman, when you get it set up could you take a pic or 2 of the setup. I have seen how people run the lids on the 99+ but our 98's have that lovely bend in the throttlebody. I would really like to see how everything looks on a 98. If you can't do digital pics shoot me an e-mail cause I have access to a scanner.

thnx
                -Brad
                98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                :rock:

Comment

Um ya that little rubber grommet is a B*TCH to get to fit in there. Just work it real good. :D

Comment

ok which way should the gray clip on the sensor be facking up down left right does it matter its still ideling at 2OOO rpms also how do i restet the SES light i will email u or post pictures of it as soon as i get it all working right i will do that toamrrow after school i have a digital camarea so they should be up tomarrow afternoon

Comment

The clip faces UP.

From Install University :

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Reminder: Make sure you have the keys out of the ignition. Why? When you remove the sensors from the air box lid assembly you do not want to start the car. You will set the Service Engine Soon (SES) light. If you do start the car without placing the sensors back in you can easily reset the SES light by following these steps:

1. Turn key to the "on" position but don't start car
                      2. Pull the PCM BAT and PCM IGN fuses in engine compartment
                      3. Wait approximately 5 minutes
                      4. Turn ignition off
                      5. Replace fuses
                      6. Start the car and then make sure the light has gone off <hr></blockquote>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X