ahhh.....failed CA smog, IAC and EGR are retarded!!! Please Help! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ahhh.....failed CA smog, IAC and EGR are retarded!!! Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhh.....failed CA smog, IAC and EGR are retarded!!! Please Help!

Well guys, today I too her in to get smoged and the POS failed. I knew it would though, so wasn't a big deal to me, I just thought it was worth a shot. Two things failed....the IAC and the EGR. They couldn't get my idle below 1100 RPM. My car Idles high. Here are my questions...

1. EGR is bad, which always throws codes, I am going to replace it. Should hopefully fix my problem with EGR stuff.

2. IAC is set wrong, and idles way too high, any way to change this, or to make it so it doesn't idle so much short of buying a new one?

I need to do this quick, as I got 20days to retest it. I have the EGR on it's way, but didn't want to buy an IAC if I didn't have to.

Please, let me know,
    Chris

From the dealership the IAC is around $80. I was told back when I had my 3.4L that the base idle could be adjusted (the dealer adjusted it for me once), so perhaps that is most of what your problem is. If the IAC is bad, you're going to have a bad idle as is, but the computer will eventually compensate for it over time, however, I wouldn't count on this fixing your problem.
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X