Got the dynomax installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the dynomax installed

I finally got the dynomax muffler installed. Honestly, it dont sound much different than my flowmaster I had, but I still like it cause it dont rice up as bad when I rev it up high. It's alot quieter from the inside also. When I get dual 3" tips and break the muffler in, it should sound a lil better. I'm gonna keep the flowmaster unless someone buy it off of me.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Wait till the Muffler breaks in a little bit, give it like 2-3 months...The sound should deepen a little bit and become more clean...
    Max Shapiro<br />97 Camaro RS<br />-Bright Green Metallic<br />-Tan Leather, T-Tops<br />-3.08\'s, open diff., Automatic 4<br />-Home-Made Cold Air Assembly, Tanza filter<br />-DynoMax Super Turbo Rear Section (2.5\'\')<br />-Hooker (21433) 2.5\'\'in/Dual 3\'\'out Chrome Slash Cut Tips<br />-PolyUrethane Bushings & Endlinks for Front+Rear Sway Bars<br />-Mobil-1 Synthetic 10W-30, 5W-30<br />-Premium Sound System(6 spkrs)<br />-Monsoon 500w CD Head Unit<br />-Firehawks SS20 235.55.R16<p>Awaiting in my garage:<br />3.73s,Zexel Torsen take-off LSD,LS1 Rear Brakes,SLP CAI,3\'\' exhaust piping and 14 SECOND TIME SLIPS!!!

Comment

What he said and get the I pipe for it! Since you're getting the Ipipe get the cat also, then the headers (CIA) preferrably.

Comment

I got a 2.5" I pipe installed about 2 weeks ago, but it's NOT mandrel bent. I wanna get a high flow cat, but it might be hard to find a muffler shop to install it since the car is only 2 yrs old. Should I bang my cat up??..lol

Comment

Hey, at least it's LEGAL for you to switch your cat... (lousy CA laws...)

Anyway, had a few questions because I'm planning to make the switch to Dynomax also (and possibly a new I-pipe).

What series Flowmaster did you have before, and what were the inlet/outlet sizes?

What are the inlet/outlet sizes you have now on your SuperTurbo?

I'm planning on getting a 2.5" in/dual 2.5" out SuperTurbo and using stock Z28 tips, and I've heard some whispers about a 2.5" I-pipe that Dynomax makes, so I'm looking into that.

Thanks, -James
          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Come to find out I had the older flowmaster 80 series muffler 2.5" in and out (82-85), but the newer models have different inlet-outlet sizes. The dynomax superturbo im using is also 2.5" in and out. That particular model(17739)is for the 82-97 models. They do make a 3" in and out muffler, but you gonna pay more for it.

Comment

If you are goin with the 2.5'' out you wont want the Z28 tips. Mainly because they are 2.25" which sucks in know cuz i wanted them too but I found out they are actually a smaller size
              2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

how much you sellin the flow for?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chevcamaro18:
                  If you are goin with the 2.5'' out you wont want the Z28 tips. Mainly because they are 2.25" which sucks in know cuz i wanted them too but I found out they are actually a smaller size<hr></blockquote>

I have them sitting in my garage. They're 2.5". :cool:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 93v6firebird:
                    how much you sellin the flow for?<hr></blockquote>

I don't know. About 30 bucks??

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RacerJ:
                      I have them sitting in my garage. They're 2.5". :cool: <hr></blockquote>

Actually, I just went out and checked... They're a bit out of shape and not completely round. They seem to avg. a 2 5/8" dia. I'm pretty sure they should weld-up fine though.

Comment

I can't wait till mine gets in. I hate sundays nothin is open or comes in the mail. I ordered a super turbo from summit, and I can't wait till it gets hear, My question is that will it sound pretty good with the stock tips, I have a 97 bird, with the y87 and w68 packages. MY tips look like the ws6 tips. I just want to know if it will sound good with those tips on it or if it will sound better with bigger tips on it
                        1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Supposingly, bigger tips are suppose to deepen the sound a lil bit. I ordered hooker 3"dual slashed tips from jegs, so I'll be able to give you an answer in a few days.

Comment

Sweet sounds good to me, How much did those tips cost ya, cuz I don't want to spend too much on tips, cuz the ones that I have look pretty good right now. I would appresiate it if ya let me know how much beeter that it made your car sound. I read a lot of your posts and I got a super turbo instead of flowmaster, but its not in yet, i cant wait

thanks
                            1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

i recently just switched from a flowmaster 40 series to a dynomax super turbo and i like the sound a lot more. At idle it sounds like a flow, but doesnt rice out as much at higher rpms and also isnt as loud interior resonance wise as the flows are
                              White with black stripes ,3.4l A4, t-tops,fully loaded,autolite 7.5mm wires, AC rapidfire\'s, K&N filter and homeade CAI,Dynomax muffler, Xenon Britelights, rampage cd player (high quality lol), wintermark 215/60/16 snows, 200 lbs. of speedy dri in the trunk.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X