F R A vs SLP cold air induction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F R A vs SLP cold air induction.

Not trying to start any wars but is one better than the other? on 98 to 2002 cars
    98 mystic teal camaro 3.08 gears 3.8 A4 tinted out, free ram air k&n air filter Flow-master muffler <br />whisper lid. 160* STAT, BMR STB<br />tranny cooler,Msd dis 4,Taylor 8mm wires, NGK TR6 Spark Plugs<br />NOS-30shot<br />-Boxed LCA\'s, <br />Best time - N/A 15.354<br />Best 60\' N/A 2.277

From what I have gathered, you will experience roughly the same HP/Torque increase with either. The FastToys RamAir comes with a blocking plate, however, which seems useful during wet seasons for the prudent engine owner. SLP appears to have the greater number of sales resulting in greater reputation, however, and a blocking plate can be made with a few dollars and a few minutes work.

Comment

I was referring to the Free Ram Air or the Slp CAI.
      98 mystic teal camaro 3.08 gears 3.8 A4 tinted out, free ram air k&n air filter Flow-master muffler <br />whisper lid. 160* STAT, BMR STB<br />tranny cooler,Msd dis 4,Taylor 8mm wires, NGK TR6 Spark Plugs<br />NOS-30shot<br />-Boxed LCA\'s, <br />Best time - N/A 15.354<br />Best 60\' N/A 2.277

Comment

the block off plate comes with the kit sold by
        http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/v6catalog.html
        I would rather purchase a part that has been fitted and very functional then to just hack up what I have.
        Tbyrnemotorsports has a variety of item and I could not tell the difference other then $$$$$.
        &gt;&gt;OH 1 FIREBIRD SunsetOrangeMetalic<br />Not at All Stock

Comment

whats free ram air?

Comment

free ram air is a homemade one but i know of 5 people locally that have tried 2 make a "free ram air" and they didnt see more than a .1 reduction then they got one made by one of my friends and they all got atleast a .2 reduction, they even swapped theirs in the same day they seen the .1 and still seen .2 or better with my friends ram air. i went to the track with slp cai and i seen .1 with slp cai and i put my friends ram air on the same day and seen .3 reduction so obviously he knows what he is doing, oh and for the guys that will reply "anyone can make a home depot ram air, LOL its far from a home depot ram air [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: bluecmaro96 ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X